Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Rough Ryder knives

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Cannonball
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Rough Ryder knives

Post by Cannonball » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:34 pm

I was wondering if there were any Rough Ryder knife fans here besides myself. In case you don’t know, Rough Ryder is owned by Smoky Mountain Knife Works which is about 45 minutes from my house. The knifes have a lifetime warranty on them and are an extremely good value for the quality. I have over 20 of them and haven’t had any issues. I picked up a new one today in one of their reserve lines. The Rough Ryder Reserve is their premium series and as nice or nicer than other brands costing much more. The one I bought is made from D2 tool steel with a black Micarta handle. Mine came shaving sharp with a nice even grind on the blade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Rough Ryder knives

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:37 pm

Nice Knife! It has been a few years since I dropped in to their shop. Gatlinburg and that neck of the woods is a great place to visit. Living there must be nice.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:13 pm

I have 8-10 Rough Rider knives. Most are 440A steel which isn't the best but they will take an edge and work through the day. Most of mine are trappers, Canoes and Sow Bellys. last one I got from them was an automatic Buck 112. I get their catalog each month.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:03 pm

we thoroughly enjoy stopping at the Smoky Mountain Knife Works .... I'm not familiar with their Rough Ryder series, the next time we stop I hope to remember to take a look
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:00 am

Nice knife! I like the shape of that blade. Would make a nice skinner. I'm about 2 hrs. from SMKW, yet I've never been there. I need to do something about that. :)
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:59 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:00 am
Nice knife! I like the shape of that blade. Would make a nice skinner. I'm about 2 hrs. from SMKW, yet I've never been there. I need to do something about that. :)
I go nearly right by the place going and coming to SC, and have yet to stop.
I like Guns much more than knives, I have a few and that is all I need.
Now I have a friend in WI, is a knife nut and has more than Anyone I know.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Cannonball
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cannonball » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:15 pm

Vaquero wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:59 pm
markiver54 wrote:
I go nearly right by the place going and coming to SC, and have yet to stop.
I like Guns much more than knives, I have a few and that is all I need.
Now I have a friend in WI, is a knife nut and has more than Anyone I know.

RP
They also sell firearms and have a pretty good selection and fair pricing compared to other local shops. And Bud’s Guns is a two minute walk from there if SMKW doesn’t have anything that interests you. Buds also has an indoor range but I haven’t used it before. I try to avoid them after seeing first hand the way some people handle firearms.
1 x

Cannonball
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cannonball » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:21 pm

markiver54 wrote:
I can meet you up there one weekend and show you around if you like. I’ll even bring my HW50s for you to look over if you want to see one before buying. Or I’ll let you borrow it for a couple weeks if you want to shoot it some and don’t mind driving back down to return it.
2 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:55 pm

Trust me when I say I have more firearms than I know what to do with now. :o :roll:
I really can't think of anything that I Need. :shock: :lol:
Here's a taste, I've posted this one a few times before, the levers, then there are some boltaction and a few semi autos. Then there are some scatterguns also. I have added a couple more leverguns since this pic was taken. ;)
20190607_081555.jpg

RP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:11 pm

Cannonball wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:21 pm
markiver54 wrote:
I can meet you up there one weekend and show you around if you like. I’ll even bring my HW50s for you to look over if you want to see one before buying. Or I’ll let you borrow it for a couple weeks if you want to shoot it some and don’t mind driving back down to return it.
That is a very thoughtful and generous offer Eddie. Sounds like a nice get together. It WOULD be nice to see one of those HW50's in the flesh, so to speak. :D and visit SMKWs, and Bud's as well. I will definitely keep this in mind and be in touch via PM in the future. 👍👍
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry