Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Rough Ryder knives

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Cannonball
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Rough Ryder knives

Post by Cannonball » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:01 pm

Here’s some more RR eye candy for you guys. From top to bottom - Reserve Clasper with black Micarta handle, Large Moose with cinnamon stag handle, Trapper with blue jeans Micarta handle, Barlow with red worm groove bone handle, Toothpick with blue Micarta handle and a Peanut with brown stag handle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:36 pm

My patrol partner had a time share in Gatlinburg years ago, and we went there for vacation with them twice. The wife and I also fished the park on a guided fly fishing tour, was very nice. Guide was awesome.

Tinas cast.jpg

While there, my partner and I made a special visit to SMKW to look at some Autos for duty. At first they were reluctant to show them to Out of State Buyers, but when I told her we wanted them for duty use, she asked if we had our IDs and we showed our badges and IDs, she said she'd sell us anything in the store. I bought two nice knives and my partner bought one. At the time "Autos" were legal to OWN in VA but illegal to carry except for Law Enforcement and EMS. Loved the Store, staff was friendly and helpful.

The Smith and Wesson Auto was really cool... it functioned like a regular thumb open unless you needed it to open automatically. Then you pushed hard on the forward rubber coated trim and ... Click... Auto.

duty autos.JPG

The other was just a cheap out the front for fun... I used it at home on the desk as a letter opener and a conversation piece. She had a plastic bucket full of them on the Auto display case and gave me a good price when I bought the smith and a nice Benchmade fixed blade for my collection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:43 pm

Funny thing... I would swap to a new knife every now and then, but I always went back to my old EDC Duty Knife,
a Benchmade Elishewitz 875SBT Sentinel. I carried it thru my entire career and still do. Even when I got various autos.
The Benchmade thumb opener was actually faster, and it's weight was comforting.

benchmade Elishewitz 875sbt Sentinel.jpg
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.