Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Imarku Cleaver Knife

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Imarku Cleaver Knife

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:05 pm

tonight I used the Cleaver Knive to chop a head of cabbage in half .... then divide that half into chunks to boil .... doing so literally took seconds .... it took longer to wipe off the blade than it did to process the cabbage ... the more I use it, the better I like it :D
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:22 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:05 pm
tonight I used the Cleaver Knive to chop a head of cabbage in half .... then divide that half into chunks to boil .... doing so literally took seconds .... it took longer to wipe off the blade than it did to process the cabbage ... the more I use it, the better I like it :D
It IS a pleasure to use a truly sharp kniife! :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:47 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:22 pm
It IS a pleasure to use a truly sharp kniife! :D
that it most certainly is 8-)
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:35 pm

first use on meat .... earlier today we purchased a small pork loin .... the pictures below take it from just out of the package to right out of the grill .... I used the cleaver-knife to trim the fat from the loin .... I normally use a very sharp fillet knife for such trimming .... the cleaver-knife did a good job but my lack of experience using it resulted in taking a bit longer than usual .... sectioning the loin went quickly and smoothly .... in that the cleaver-knife excelled .... pictures and comments about preparation of the veggies will be in the next post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:38 pm

the pictures below show use of the Cleaver-knife to prepare zucchini and onions for sauteing in soy sauce and butter .... for chopping cucumber, radishes, and celery for a salad .... the chopping began after the cucumber had was pealed .... without hurrying the total chopping time took less than a minute
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:40 pm

tonight's salad and smoked pork loin with sauteed zucchini and onions, along with whole kernel corn .... the Cleaver-Knife played a big part and continues to impress us
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:05 pm

Very impressive...glad you're enjoying it!
Seems to be doing the job!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:30 pm

another impressive point is, its still extremely sharp
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:22 pm

removing the seeds and core from a bell pepper .... doing so is very simple with a cleaver-knife .... remove both ends of the pepper .... after coring comes chopping and then using the cleaver to transfer the processed pepper chunks to a bowl or wherever you want it
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:48 pm

I tend to believe that no one or no company knows more about a product than the person or company that makes it .... being very pleased with our Imarku Cleaver-Knife I decided to order they sell for use with their blades .... they have given their sharpener a fairly impressive name ===> Kitchen Knife Sharpener, imarku 3-Stage Knife sharpener with Sharpening Stone, Foldable Chef Knife Sharpener Help Repair, Restore and Polish Blades for Chef & Home ---- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0831 ... UTF8&psc=1 ..... it is similar to but much heavier duty than the one we got from Cutco for their knives .... frankly, its style is not one of my favorites .... I'm looking forward to eventually needing to sharpen our Cleaver and find out how well it works
0 x