Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Imarku Cleaver Knife

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Imarku Cleaver Knife

Post by markiver54 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:32 pm

Thanks for the review Jim. I have been cooking a lot more in recent past and I'm quickly realizing how much I need various kitchen utensils, knives included. I bought a J. A. Henkel 8" chef knife not long ago. I have been happy with it, but I see the chefs on TV using the imarku style a lot. I might have to pick one or two up and give them a try. Thanks for the link.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:48 pm

Henkel's a good brand .... I've found that some styles of blades simply feel better in my hand than others .... in my mind the way they can stamp blades out of sheets of high quality steel has proven to be a revolutionary development .... not the least benefit of which has been to produce good quality blades at a much lower price .... the imarku brand most certainly isn't high dollar but from our use the quality is there
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:43 pm

add another Imarku knife to our kitchen collection .... a few months ago we added a 3.5 Inch​ Imarku Paring Knife that my wife really enjoys using .... as with they others, it came scary sharp and is holding its edge .... back during the days I cooked and catered for a living, the chef's knives I used were 10 or more times expensive ..... considering that was decades ago, the cost of these knives as contrasted to their quality is most impressive .... from what I've read the lower cost is largely due to the method of construction .... back then they were largely hand made, using the techniques shown in the Forged In Fire series .... today they are cut from a single sheet of high quality stainless, no forging is necessary ,,,,, that doesn't mean you can't find $400 or higher professional chef's knives because you most certainly can .... now days doing so is a want to choice, far from a have to choice ....
1 x