Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

RWS Diana 34

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: RWS Diana 34

Post by Henry88 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:16 am

Welcome to the forum, MartinEr.

A springer, like the Diana 34 takes a while to get used to. Tuning can make tight groups tighter, but will not make up for lack of technique, etc. We have a member bandit1250 that is getting very good results with his diana 34. I don't recall if he modified it, but hopefully he'll be along...........
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:58 am

I did no mods to my 34 Diana. With help from my brother and members here and others I really did learn to hold it right and did shoot it well. My 22 rim fires make me think the pellet rifles are shooting bad when they are actually doing good for some thing firing such a light projectile out doors where just a slight breeze messes with their flight. My 34 got nicknamed "scope eater" as it used up three scopes and two were air rifle rated. Well to get to the real story on my 34. A friend of mine went looking at 34's because I told him mine shot well (5 MM cal.) He said they look to be made a lot cheaper than mine made in '98. He kept wanting to buy mine so I left him have it and the pellets with it. The bluing on mine was as nice as a Browning or Sako and he likes shiny. I will buy a Weihrauch next time if I get another springer. Right now I am having a lot of fun with my two Crosman pump up pistols. Model 1377 and 1322 and plan on upgrades for the 22 cal. one. The 22 has a pretty good hitting power for a short barrel and is more accurate than the .177 with a pellet about half the weight of the 22 cal.. I put the rifle stock on the 22 and it helps with accuracy. Going to get a 18" barrel and the long steel breech with grooves for a scope and build it like a carbine. I worked the triggers down to a little over 2lb. There is a lot of aftermarket stuff for these Crosmans. Almost like the 10/22 Ruger of air guns with the things you can upgrade. This is my 1377 and some of my targets I shot at 22 yds.
This is the 1322 with the stock added. If I was choosing just one the 22 would be it.Image
1 x

Whiskeyshooter
Tenderfoot

Post by Whiskeyshooter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:29 pm

The model 34 is one of the finest German Airguns to get stated into the hobby. It is German built and that means quality. Many Diana were really saddened recently when the orginial manufacturing plant was shut down and the company was bought out by a new distributor. The Diana's product, especially the 34 are usually shipped very dry as far as lube goes, so you will have to put a little in the necessary places. I have one that is about 10 years old and has the TO5 trigger. Make no mistake, it is a very fine trigger. The Newer models have the improved TO6. So I would not worry about a trigger tune. It takes about a thousand rounds for a springer to break in. They settle down and not as much twang or vibration. Later you can tune the rifle and there are a number of well known turners out there that do the honing, polishing, and Upgraded Spring replacement. Cost is around $200-400. Tuning really refines these rifle. Easier cocking, no twang, better accuracy etc. If you think you have the necessary skills, you can buy spring kits yourself.
Congrats, the 34 is not a off the shelf big box store air rifle. There are heirlooms that can be handed down through generations. FYY there is a dedicated website especially for the Diana. http://www.network54.com/Forum/184474
0 x