Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

RWS Diana 34

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: RWS Diana 34

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:14 pm

I'm glad it's doing better for you. I sight my air rifles in at 32 yds at the range I made at my parents place. It's a pretty good distance to use a mildot scope for things not at that range.

I'm glad you got all you shot at.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:14 pm

I think this rifle just keeps getting better the more I shoot it. I went 12 for 14 on the starlings and English sparrows this evening. It smacks them hard. I gathered them up later and the pellets look to expand pretty good. My friend sat on the porch while I was shooting and he didn't want to try it but now he is going to get one. I think he may order a new one at Pyramid Air. He will get the 22 cal. as the 5MM is no longer made by RWS. I like the 5MM the best but if I was buying new I would get the 22 over the 177 for pests or hunting squirrel as it anchors them better than 17 caliber. The 17's are extremely accurate.
0 x

Whiskeyshooter
Tenderfoot

Post by Whiskeyshooter » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:23 pm

Here is one of my Airguns. A Diana MGL 34, protuned by MZ with a JM kit, notice the scope mount. It is also fitted with a Morgan adjustable butt and a JM Shroud.

2 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Welcome to the site, Whiskeyshooter. That's great photo of a really nice rifle! Glad you joined us.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Whiskeyshooter
Tenderfoot

Post by Whiskeyshooter » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Thank you CT_Shooter, Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my First Henry Frontier at about 14 hrs. counting. I am a very avid shooting enthusiast. I shoot powder burners at about twice a week and airguns about 4 times a week. I am a dedicated Ruger loyalist, great customers service, I see that Henry follows that same honor. Looking forward to becoming part of the Henry family.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Whiskeyshooter,

I'm glad you are aboard. That's a first class 34. Nice additions.

Since you are here and a member, congratulations. You are are a part of the Henry Family. I'm glad you are here.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:26 pm

bandit1250 wrote:The Diana 34 pellet rifle is starting to grow on me the more I shoot it. I am getting better at holding it and watched some videos on how to hold it and some other things about springers. I like the cocking effort not being as bad as the Crow Magnum Beeman that was a chore and wore me out after 20 or so shots. It was a hard hitter at the target and killed starlings like they were hit off the feeder with a ball bat. I have gone from hitting the base of 12 ga. shot shells at 22 yds. to dime size and fairly well on the plastic push pins with no wind in the evening when shooting. It works best for me with my hand on the bag with palm up and rest it on my hand with a light grip at the pistol grip. I need to order pellets from Pyramid Air this week and it is nice that it prefers the lower cost pellets over the higher priced. I am going to swap the scopes out this week and it will get a Leupold 4X on it. I think I will hang on to it for a while. :) Any one clean these with a rod and patches like rim fires or use a bore snake?
Just recently picked up a springer myself and it actually arrived yesterday. I also purchased it from Pyramid Air. I choose the Air Arms Pro Sport. It's my understanding that you only want to clean the barrel rarely and only when your shots start falling off. Also the best thing to use is a fishing line and a patch. The regular cleaning rods and bore brushes are the worst things to use on these air guns. There is an interesting product I might try called the Patchworm at www.patchworm.com.
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:26 pm

I have a bore snake I grind the bristles off so not to put micro scratches in the bore . I almost NEVER use it . I fire a felt pellet [below] with a drop of CHAMBER OIL on them so not to diesel the gun and then a dry one . I do this when I put the gun away or done shooting for the day and I do this so it takes the moisture out of the barrel .

http://www.pyramydair.com/search-result ... 1&saSearch
0 x

MartinEr
Tenderfoot

RWS Diana 34

Post by MartinEr » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:32 pm

I recently bought a RWS Diana 34 PC. This is my first air gun. Totally, a newbie. Since I have no history with air guns I dont know about their firing characteristics. I hear that German guns are well made and my looks well made. However, I hear that almost any gun will perform better if it is professionally tuned, including the trigger. I just want it to perform at its best.

What are your opinions about getting my gun tuned even though it may be performing great.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:22 pm

Like you, I also "have no history with air guns." But I'm certain someone will come along to soon answer your question.

Meanwhile, Welcome to the Henry Forums from the Show-Me-State!
Enjoy your visits.
0 x

~Пока~