Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Southern Colt Peacemaker

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Southern Colt Peacemaker

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed May 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Howdy ya'll,
I wondered into Cabela's today and found my way into the Bargain Cave. The place just calls out to me when I walk in the front door.
I have found some real bargains in there. Today I scored pretty well.
I have been eyeballing one of these Umarex Colt revolvers since they came out. I almost bought one last Christmas when they were marked down from $129 to $99. This one is a "used" gun meaning that someone returned it. So I can't return it to the store as it is marked as is.
It was priced at $76.49 and being retired military I get a 5% discount. So total price with tax $77.76 :D
I bought it home and it shoots fine just a little bit high at 18 feet in the garage. I think at 25 feet the BB will drop right about to point of aim.
This thing is a lot of fun to shoot and for the price of BBs and Co2 I can shoot a lot for next to nothing.
They had the Black model too but I am a sucker for shiny objects.

I didn't mention that it is downright pretty.
Colt1.JPG
Colt2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Southern Colt Peacemaker

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed May 18, 2016 4:27 pm

Great deal, RS. You're going to have a great time with that beautiful revolver. Thanks for the pics.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Wed May 18, 2016 6:13 pm

That is a beauty. Bet it is a lot of fun too!
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed May 18, 2016 8:02 pm

I know Dave has a thread his Peacemaker with some great pictures. But here are a couple more to show how the "cartridges" work and how the CO2 bottle fits in the grip.

1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed May 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks for the pics Seabee.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Wed May 18, 2016 8:40 pm

I always make sure that I check out the bargain cave when I stop at Cabela's. The last item that I bought there was a pair of boots. You got a nice looking revolver there!
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:09 am

Can't see the pics now, but Daytime Dave i know, and I guess RSbee have the same gun. I believe they are almost as popular as the Heritage Rough Riders around here :D

I have heard nothing but good about that gun. BTW

I have three Umarex's and have been quite happy over all. I didn't realize that the CO2 guns only have a 90 day warranty. My Umarex rifle is warranted for 3 yrs.

My P-08 started leaking through the barrel after about 4 months, then the Holidays, etc. I called and said I was 2 months out of warranty by that time, and never sent the warranty card in, and they guy said send it in and we'll take care of it.

Kind of left me feeling like, "Yeah Sure"............

And, sure enough, after a little more than a week after sending, and not hearing anything, I called Umarex USA support. A different guy answered and after just giving my email, said, "We sent you a new one".

I went out the the mailbox and it was already there in the same sealed display case, with all the original stuff and papers. Umarex paid the return shipping. They never asked for a credit card during this.

Maybe not Henry, but not too far off..................
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu May 19, 2016 3:15 pm

RSb, I'll bet the smile on your face is similar to mine when you handle and shoot it. They are so much fun.

Congratulations on a great deal too. You can never have enough pictures of a beauty like that.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu May 19, 2016 10:56 pm

daytime dave wrote:RSb, I'll bet the smile on your face is similar to mine when you handle and shoot it. They are so much fun.

Congratulations on a great deal too. You can never have enough pictures of a beauty like that.
Thanks Dave,
Now I have an excuse to get a holster and belt. And a Stetson :D
One question, about how many shots have you gotten per co2 bottle?
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:08 pm

You made a good choice going for the "shiny" one...very nice revolver and pictures.

You guys on this Forum have opened up the new world of BB guns to me. If you had posted your Colt without saying it was a BB gun, I would have probably asked you what caliber it is! ;)

BTW, do all Cabelas have a "Bargain Cave?" I've not seen that here in KCKS store, but will definitely check next time I'm there. That was a great deal you got on the Colt.

Thanks for posting...it was fun to see your "downright pretty" revolver! :)

RetiredSeabee wrote:Howdy ya'll,
I wondered into Cabela's today and found my way into the Bargain Cave. The place just calls out to me when I walk in the front door.
I have found some real bargains in there. Today I scored pretty well.
I didn't mention that it is downright pretty.

0 x

~Пока~