Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

DAISY 1938 Replica - Red Ryder BB Rifle

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: DAISY 1938 Replica - Red Ryder BB Rifle

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Welcome dddrees to forum .............. Be very careful in some city , county and states they are firearms and you can't shoot them in your backyard . In the city of Philadelpha Pa you can not have a BB gun [ pellet gun is ok ] in the city limits for any reason. Not even in your home in a safe under lock and key .
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:17 am

CT_Shooter wrote:
dddrees wrote:
Anyway after more than 40 years later and some 15 years since retiring from the military I've since decided to pick up a few fire arms for target practice. One of which is a Henry Golden Boy and just yesterday received the air gun I chose for some of that backyard practice. I did revisit the current daisy lineup but decided inseam to get an Air Arms Pro Sport.

Anyway Daisy BB Guns Rock, or at least they used too.

Cheers,

Dan
Welcome to the forum, Dan. I'm glad you joined the conversation. You're going to like the people here. They're helpful, friendly, courteous, kind... you get the idea... We're all boy scouts at heart! Or cowboys. There's really not much difference. ;)
Thank you sir.

I actually joined awhile ago but for some reason I was unable to post for the longest time. Just not sure what happened but figured I would give it another go today and it worked.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:01 am

I'm glad it worked.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 am

tx gunrunner wrote:Welcome dddrees to forum .............. Be very careful in some city , county and states they are firearms and you can't shoot them in your backyard . In the city of Philadelpha Pa you can not have a BB gun [ pellet gun is ok ] in the city limits for any reason. Not even in your home in a safe under lock and key .
Thanks for the warning however but I am fortunate that Indiana doesn't consider Air Guns as firearms and the city where I live doesn't either. I actually visited my local police station the other day just to make sure and they said they don't prohibit firing Air Guns in the city limits.
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:14 am

dddrees wrote:
tx gunrunner wrote: Thanks for the warning however but I am fortunate that Indiana doesn't consider Air Guns as firearms and the city where I live doesn't either. I actually visited my local police station the other day just to make sure and they said they don't prohibit firing Air Guns in the city limits.
Your lucky ..........In San Diego county Ca where I once lived and my city here in Tx they are firearm and can't be shot in back yard . I have a 10 meter range inside my house I use every day and I also have a 15 meter range outside for spinners and swing steel targets and I had a bail of hay for archery that I shoot from inside the garage to targets outside . Where my neighbors can't see or hear me .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Whiskeyshooter
Tenderfoot

Post by Whiskeyshooter » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:11 am

The IZh Baikal 46 above is one very seriously accurate gun. I sold mine for around $350 and have been kicking myself every day since then. They now sell for around $600.00

A little info on this pistol
http://www.pyramydair.com/search-result ... 1&saSearch
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:34 am

tx gunrunner wrote:
dddrees wrote:
tx gunrunner wrote: Thanks for the warning however but I am fortunate that Indiana doesn't consider Air Guns as firearms and the city where I live doesn't either. I actually visited my local police station the other day just to make sure and they said they don't prohibit firing Air Guns in the city limits.
Your lucky ..........In San Diego county Ca where I once lived and my city here in Tx they are firearm and can't be shot in back yard . I have a 10 meter range inside my house I use every day and I also have a 15 meter range outside for spinners and swing steel targets and I had a bail of hay for archery that I shoot from inside the garage to targets outside . Where my neighbors can't see or hear me .
Agreed, as it wasn't until after I had purchased the rifle and it was on it's way that I realized I had better check it out. Before that I had no thought that it might even be a consideration. Boy have times change. I can't even imagine trying to shot one inside, especially since the air gun I purchased is a 22 pellet gun.

What are you using for a back stop inside the house and is this a bb gun you are using?
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:32 am

Whiskeyshooter wrote:The IZh Baikal 46 above is one very seriously accurate gun. I sold mine for around $350 and have been kicking myself every day since then. They now sell for around $600.00
Did you have the 46 or 46M ??? When I got mine I spend a months looking on the internet for one . I was on 5 different waiting list for took me over 5 months to get one . They where having trouble getting them imported into the USA . $600 dollars has been the price for about 6 yrs and well worth it .
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:05 am

dddrees wrote: What are you using for a back stop inside the house and is this a bb gun you are using?

I used a a GAMO trap for the pellet for years but it didn't like BB's or 3/8 steel balls from catapults . I made this for my catapult shooting and stops everything perfect . It made out of PVC water pipe with 2 towels draped over it for a back stop . The pellets and BB's drop to the floor undamaged and stop the 3/8 steel balls dead in there tracks too . DON"T USE CARPET FOR BACK STOP .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tx gunrunner on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:55 am

tx gunrunner wrote:
dddrees wrote: What are you using for a back stop inside the house and is this a bb gun you are using?

I used a a GAMO trap for the pellet for years but it didn't like BB's or 3/8 steel balls from catapults . I made this for my catapult shooting and stops everything perfect . It made out of PVC water pipe with 2 towels draped over it for a back stop . The pellets and BB's drop to the floor undamaged and stop the 3/8 steel balls dead in there tracks too . DON"T USE CARPET .
Neat

I don't think my wife would ever go for it though. LOL
1 x