Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

DAISY 1938 Replica - Red Ryder BB Rifle

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: DAISY 1938 Replica - Red Ryder BB Rifle

Post by tx gunrunner » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:48 am

The Red Rider used the correct way will stop any big game and never fire a BB . But you will need a proctologist to remove it . :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:17 am

tx gunrunner wrote:The Red Rider used the correct way will stop any big game and never fire a BB . But you will need a proctologist to remove it . :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would not like to be the person to have to clean it. :lol:
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ArmyScout
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by ArmyScout » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:19 am

I grew up with a Daisy Red Ryder, I think every boy in the neighbor hood had one. I bought a new one several years ago. The new ones do not have the power of the original ones in my opinion. I gave it to my 9yr old nephew (with dad's permission) and he loved it.
1 x
Cold War Soldier. 82nd Abn Div & 1st Cav Korea

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:49 am

I don't see where or if I posted this before . All BB are not the same . The Daisy 499 you drop the BB down the muzzle and you can hear it rolling down the barrel and hit the magnet . I have 5 different brands of BB's and only the Daisy Avanti roll down the barrel at same speed . I drop other BB down the bore and you can hear different speed of 10 BB's in the same package . If you mike then you can see the differents . If your shooting at a can a 10 meter the cheap BB work good , but your trying to shoot them thur the same hole the Avanti the best . The 499 is shot offhand and with avaniti BB will do his all day every day . This is 20 rds not a lucky 5 rds . This is a $140 gun and there is not many rifled pellet guns can beat it . :D The 1938 is benched and shot with cheap BB's .

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Daisy_Mat ... 1050ct/398
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tx gunrunner on Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:58 pm

I can tell a big difference between the Daisy zinc bbs and the Umarex bbs with regard to consistency, for sure.
1 x

Whiskeyshooter
Tenderfoot

Post by Whiskeyshooter » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:01 am

They are well made for the cost and for the purpose they serve. I have one now that is about 10 years old. Just keep it lubed with standard light oil. I bought it for my son to learn on. However I seemed to enjoy shooting it more than he did. I am a airgun enthusiast and own some really nice Airguns, tuned by professional and fairly expensive. One pistol I have runs around $600. and a number of rifles in that range.

If you want a really nice Daisy, I might suggest the "Avanti". Cost is around $150. Here is a list of Daisy BB rifles including the Avanti and a article on the Avanti by The airgun Guru "Tom Gaylord".
By the way, I have seen so many airgunners try and increase the FPS etc over the years. But it is fine just the way it comes out of the box. You can change out the main spring down the road. Read about the accuracy of the Avanti, It comes with a "Peep sight". It will show you the accuracy results with different BB's etc.

http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Air_guns/Ai ... 52/cat_154

http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Air_guns/Ai ... 52/cat_154
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2013/03/ ... 10-meters/
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:58 am

I shoot a lot of air guns . Sold all my high dollar air guns in thinning the herd .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tx gunrunner on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:05 am

sold both pistol in thinning the herd .
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:51 pm

I've been thinking quite a bit about my Daisy BB gun that my dad bought me when I was a teenager many moons ago. Found memories indeed about nothing more than some pie plate backyard target practice while at my dads during weekly Sunday visits. Our parents where divorced but he religiously picked us up every Sunday. Funny as it sounds but once divorced we actually had more time with him than prior to their divorce as someone who had started their own firm and spent so much time working.

Anyway I can't specifically remember the model and I am pretty certain it was a plain stock model. However it served me well as a something that helped me sight in targets and such so that when joining the military I already had some experience firing some sort of gun previously.

Anyway after more than 40 years later and some 15 years since retiring from the military I've since decided to pick up a few fire arms for target practice. One of which is a Henry Golden Boy and just yesterday received the air gun I chose for some of that backyard practice. I did revisit the current daisy lineup but decided inseam to get an Air Arms Pro Sport.

Anyway Daisy BB Guns Rock, or at least they used too.

Cheers,

Dan
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:20 pm

dddrees wrote:
Anyway after more than 40 years later and some 15 years since retiring from the military I've since decided to pick up a few fire arms for target practice. One of which is a Henry Golden Boy and just yesterday received the air gun I chose for some of that backyard practice. I did revisit the current daisy lineup but decided inseam to get an Air Arms Pro Sport.

Anyway Daisy BB Guns Rock, or at least they used too.

Cheers,

Dan
Welcome to the forum, Dan. I'm glad you joined the conversation. You're going to like the people here. They're helpful, friendly, courteous, kind... you get the idea... We're all boy scouts at heart! Or cowboys. There's really not much difference. ;)
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"