Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Jennen’s Backwood Air Guns, Colville WA, the BEST airgun store you never heard of!

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Jennen’s Backwood Air Guns, Colville WA, the BEST airgun store you never heard of!

Post by John E Davies » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:54 pm

“ PCP air guns. setting up tuning all aspects of air rifles and air pistols. Compressors, carbon fiber tanks, suppressors, scopes, no fire arms just air powered.”

The cafe did not survive Covid-19, so the owner filled that space with a few clothes and a lot more air rifles… This shop is nowhere near a big city, it is 75 miles north of Spokane, an hour south of Canada.

IMG_4028.jpeg
IMG_3168.jpeg

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jennens-backwoods-colville

I have lived nearby for twenty years and just discovered it YESTERDAY. I have driven past it a dozen times and always missed it, the store is located just a quarter mile from a Walmart Super Center and it is crazy busy with traffic, so I guess I was just distracted enough to miss it. I made a special road trip there today, came home with a DonnyFL Shogun moderator for my Daystate Huntsman Revere .25 to, well, moderate, the snap for indoor shooting in my RV bay. He constructed a shooting range beside the store, it is not for public use, but he sites in and tunes guns there before the customers pick them up. I was concerned that a big 9” Shogun wouldn’t add significant noise reduction to my “low powered” 40 foot pound rifle compared to the 4.3” long 0dB one (a Daystate brand), to justify the cost, so he said, let’s try them out! He gave me a couple of pellets and we went next door and tested them side by side. The Shogun was noticeably quieter, so I was convinced. It is rebuildable and you can buy different adapters for different rifles. I had never seen one, and he had about a dozen DonnyFL moderators there:)

IMG_4029.jpeg

He sells a lot of airguns to hunters, He has a wall full of cheap stuff like CO2 pistols and Benjamins, another display of Hatsan, one of Airforce (his big seller) and another wall of FX. Oh those are luscious…. No Brit guns, tho he can order anything and will price match. He will ship but he does very little Internet business. It mostly seems to to be local, which amazes me for a sparsely populated area (the town is pop 5000)!! I wish he would open a store in my town…

He himself hunts and has taken five bears with his AirForce Texan .457, he really likes those guns.

Highly, HIGHLY recommended if you are anywhere in the area, for example crossing east/ west south of the Canada border, or going to/ from that country.

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by John E Davies on Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Jennen’s Backwood Air Guns, Colville WA, the BEST airgun store you never heard of!

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:14 pm

That's an amazing shop, John. Very impressive. I'm a long, long way from there, so too bad he doesn't do much, online. I have noticed that there are pockets of airgun shooting across the country where airguns are very popular. In other areas like mine, you're lucky to even meet another airgun shooter. The future of air gun shooting is pretty bright, though.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Jennen’s Backwood Air Guns, Colville WA, the BEST airgun store you never heard of!

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:52 pm

That is way cool.Im glad hes not near me my bank account would be in bad shape.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:06 am

FYI, this is not intended to be political. But it is the reason I drove there to buy a moderator ASAP.

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/do ... s.1288588/

I am also going to order a rebuild kit from DonnyFL if they will ship that….

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:40 am

Very cool store. That was a good find for you.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member