Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Can’t afford an Old Army, bought a Umarex SAA

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Can’t afford an Old Army, bought a Umarex SAA

Post by John E Davies » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:56 pm

i always loved the look of the Old Armys, I guess I should have bought one when they were $300 and available in any store. Now they are $1000 to $1500.

Pyramyd Air has a “Build Your Peacemaker” page so I specced one with a 7.5” barrel (not found in stores) and flat black grips, kinda like the Paladin “Have Gun Will Travel” pistol…. The extra barrel length plus the length of the cartridges gives over 9” of effective barrel. That should help the fps. I chose the pellet version, no BBs for me.

It will be mostly a display gun but I will shoot it too, in my garage, that would be pretty hard to do with the OA. The Umarex was built in a day and shipped this morning. I really like Pyramyd. Most of my airgun stuff comes from there.

https://www.pyramydair.com/air-gun-bui ... olver/7495

https://pistolplace.wordpress.com/2020 ... -revolver/

I think the Cowboy Action folks are buying these like crazy. FYI when you buy from that Pyramyd page they give you a “Ten for Ten” service at no charge, which is normally $10.

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Can’t afford an Old Army, bought a Umarex SAA

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:06 am

I didn’t know Pyramid had that option. I have the bb version of the gun. It is a lot of fun to plink with.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Can’t afford an Old Army, bought a Umarex SAA

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:43 am

Looks like a lot of fun, John. Let us know how it shoots.
0 x