Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cannot find pellets

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Cannot find pellets

Post by markiver54 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:46 pm

I have been trying for a while to find .20 cal. (5mm) pellets for my old Sheridan pump. I've even been on the waiting list at Pyramid Air for a while now and nothing yet. I love my old rifle and hate to think that I can no longer feed it. All the other calibers are available. :roll:
It's my understanding that Bengamin/Sheridan no longer make 5mm. Hoping for JSB, H&N or any others I'm unaware of to become available. Any ideas?
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Cannot find pellets

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:37 pm

There is some on Ebay Mark but it would be a cold day in you know where before I would pay 25.00 per 100 for pellets. Time to put that Sheridan away and buy a 22 pellet rifle. Maybe NCG has a source
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:39 pm

Mark, my usual sources don't have my preferred JSB Exact 20 cal in stock, but if you do a search on JSB 20 cal, I see some smaller online outfits are showing stock.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:52 pm

Thank you NCG I will continue my search for the JSB's. I agree with Al as well. I will not pay those kind of prices for pellets. It might be time to consider a different caliber, 😞. Just hate to accept that my days shooting my Sheridan could be over...bummer.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:18 pm

I have a Sheridan Blue Streak that I bought many years ago. Fortunately when I bought it I also bought three boxes of 500 pellets each. There are still a few in the second box and the third one isn't open yet. I did find another brand of .20 pellets at a big outdoor store near me, Bill Jackson's.I am sure that they have a web site and they are in Pinellas Park Florida.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:17 am

markiver54 wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:46 pm
I have been trying for a while to find .20 cal. (5mm) pellets ... Hoping for JSB, H&N or any others I'm unaware of to become available. Any ideas?
Amazon. Both JSB and H&N came up as the first 2 in the search.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:34 am

Travlin wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:18 pm
I have a Sheridan Blue Streak that I bought many years ago. Fortunately when I bought it I also bought three boxes of 500 pellets each. There are still a few in the second box and the third one isn't open yet. I did find another brand of .20 pellets at a big outdoor store near me, Bill Jackson's.I am sure that they have a web site and they are in Pinellas Park Florida.
Thanks Travlin. I will look up Bill Jacksons. 👍🤞
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:36 am

Mags wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:17 am
markiver54 wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:46 pm
I have been trying for a while to find .20 cal. (5mm) pellets ... Hoping for JSB, H&N or any others I'm unaware of to become available. Any ideas?
Amazon. Both JSB and H&N came up as the first 2 in the search.
Thank you Mags, however, Amazon shows both out of stock and don't know if or when they will re-stock. :?
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:28 am

Buying from Amazon is very risky, they don’t know how to pack them. I ordered six tins and they arrived in a “padded” paper envelope. All tins were dented, one had spilled. Many of the visible pellets were deformed - so everything went back. That shipment wasn’t useful for anything but casting bullets.

Pyramid Air has the best prices, offers a free tin if you add 4 to your cart (buy 3 get 1 free, buy 6 get 2 free) but most importantly, they ship in a small box padded with open cell foam cut to shape. I won’t buy anywhere else. I keep buying more of my favorites, my wife doesn’t understand. When a big pellet drought strikes, you need to have a big big stash. You can always resell at a profit during the bad times.

None in .20 cal, but sign up to be notified and eventually you will get some. I have waited for half a year ;)

https://www.pyramydair.com/ammo/pellets?calibers=0_2

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:50 am

John E Davies wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:28 am
Buying from Amazon is very risky, they don’t know how to pack them. I ordered six tins and they arrived in a “padded” paper envelope. All tins were dented, one had spilled. Many of the visible pellets were deformed - so everything went back. That shipment wasn’t useful for anything but casting bullets.

Pyramid Air has the best prices, offers a free tin if you add 4 to your cart (buy 3 get 1 free, buy 6 get 2 free) but most importantly, they ship in a small box padded with open cell foam cut to shape. I won’t buy anywhere else. I keep buying more of my favorites, my wife doesn’t understand. When a big pellet drought strikes, you need to have a big big stash. You can always resell at a profit during the bad times.

None in .20 cal, but sign up to be notified and eventually you will get some. I have waited for half a year ;)

https://www.pyramydair.com/ammo/pellets?calibers=0_2

John Davies
Spokane WA
Thanks John. Yes, I'm on their list.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry