Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New Airsoft Lever Rifle

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

New Airsoft Lever Rifle

Post by Mr. Neutron » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:36 pm

It came a coupla days after Christmas, but that’s okay. Weather here has been kinda crummy; blowing over trees, knocking out power, & etc. But its a metal Chinese made copy of a Winchester 1892. Made by a company called AK, it had a low enough price point for me to see if I’d even like airsoft shooting.

IMG_0461.JPG

If it does work out, it will primarily be something I can use for quick impulsive target practice, and to use against threatening cans. Hoping it’ll be a decent shooter. It is powered by something called “Green Gas”, and came with none of that; just a few pellets, a speed loader, and a cleaning rod. No manual, but I have found and watched a couple of videos on this rifle on YouTube.

Fit and finish is about what I expected from a $180+shipping Chinese-made rifle, with a few gaps between the metal and wood here & there. The same company makes a "fake plastic wood" model for $5 less, which I think is a bit lighter in weight. Dunno if it has better overall fit than than mine.......
IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

Sorry about this post. First, I tried doing it from my phone, and that's a disaster for me. So next I imported the photos, in between power blips, and tried to edit it on my laptop. As I was thinking I was finishing, we got more power blips, and 2 scared kids from across the driveway came over. A large tree fell over in their yard, and has them a bit spooked. Their parents are at work, so we are "the safe house" when stuff like this happens........ :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mr. Neutron on Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: New Airsoft Lever Rifle

Post by daytime dave » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:44 pm

Your photograph looks promising. I almost bought a green gas gun, but passed at the last minute. I'll be interested at your thoughts.
Too bad you didn't go with the Umarex rifle of the same style. That is a nice shooter and fun CO2 gun.
Again, looking forward to your thoughts.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:46 pm

Yes, let us know how it works out for you. Could be a fun gun.
1 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:26 pm

What is green gas?
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:54 pm

Hope it turns out to be a bunch of fun.

I’m going to have to research “green gas”
Ernie wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:26 pm
What is green gas?
Just off the top of my head I would think it could be the result of eating too many Brussel Sprouts. :o
3 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mr. Neutron » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:51 pm

I had to look up “Green Gas” for an accurate description, but I’d really prefer to run with RetiredSeabee’s definition. :mrgreen:

From Google:
Description. Valken Green Gas is a pressurized gas used to power airsoft gas magazines and gas powered grenades. Airsoft green gas is propane with a silicone based oil added to the green gas lubricating O-rings and seals inside airsoft gas products preventing them from drying out and leaking.
It comes in a pressurized can, similar to flat repair cans (for dirt bikes) I have seen.

North Country Gal, I had a tough time finding airsoft lever rifles when I did my SEARCHing, for some reason. When I found this one that kinda fit my Christmas-strained budget, I pulled the trigger on it. :D I think the ease of coming up with the CO2 cylinders around my locale versus the “canned Brussels sprouts air” would make most any other lever rifle a better deal, but again, this was affordable.

Added in EDT: It was actually DaytimeDave that mentioned another brand of airsoft levergun I hadn't found, the Umarex. I did find it just before our power went out again (only for 6-7 hours, this time..... :roll: :D ). It looks like a nice rifle! Only arund $29 more than I paid for the one I got, but it runs on the Co2 cartridges, and shoots BBs, if my understanding is correct. Kinda wish I'd found it before I ordered the one I did.

Part of the reason I’ve stuck with lever rifles for airsoft is for my sister-in-law & her family. Her 6 kids are all grown now, raised without a father, and pretty much not raised around guns. However, I noticed that my 5 nieces all think my lever rifles (Cowboy Guns, they call ‘em) are “cool”. They would each happily shoot something “cool looking” as well as quiet. I’m hoping it can be a sorta stepping stone to the H004 .22 someday……
Last edited by Mr. Neutron on Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:30 pm

Commercial propane delivered here smells like
it could be the result of eating too many Brussel Sprouts.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:32 pm

Mr. Neutron wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:36 pm
It came a coupla days after Christmas,...
Very nice looking rifle!
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:20 am

I like it. I like most lever guns, and that green gas deal sounds like no work to shoot.
Pretty cool.
1 x

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: New Airsoft Lever Rifle *First Update!*

Post by Mr. Neutron » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:10 am

Well, Heck, Darn, Shucks and Gee Whiz!!!!

FINALLY got my Green Gas this afternoon. I got a coupla thousand pellets last week, and the propellant came today. :)

But, when I went to fill the tube magazine with the gas, I found out that the fill nozzle of the particular brand of Green Gas I bought doesn't have a fill nozzle long enough to make it down to the fillport and seal well.

The propellant/Green Gas goes into a fill valve under the black slotted cover beneath the barrel, where cartridges go in a regular centerfire lever gun. (pics are rotated 90 deg. clockwise for some reason :? )

IMG_0479.JPG

Pull the cap off to reveal the fill port underneath. But the fill port sits in the magazine tube around 1/2" or so down the tube, and the barrel's crown actually prevents the can's nozzle from going in the fill port far enough to charge it up. :( Gas and whatever just spritzes out everywhere but in the tube reservoir/gizzie. :cry:

IMG_0480.JPG

Soooo, I found out I'm not the first person to have this issue. Evidently, it also happens to some airsoft handguns' magazines that are the Green Gas rezzie. :roll: That's why they make these gizzies:

https://www.evike.com/products/31323/

I ordered two, so I can have a spare around.

This is beginning to fill me fulla self doubt about the purchase of a Green Gas style of air rifle. I'm definitely more full of a bit of buyer's remorse than my mag tube is full of propellant, hee hee. :mrgreen: If I'd gone with a spring or Co2 style, I might have had better luck getting shooting a bit quicker, maybe. And, I think I could just drive to a place locally to get pellets or the Co2 cannisters. Live and learn, I reckon......

I'll try to make some sorta report after I eventually get to shoot the thing. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG