Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Re: This is fun Too

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:01 pm

After Mark the enabler stated that he found the resetting squirrel on Amazon, I went there to compare pricing. Not enough to quibble over. While I was there, I noticed that my search also showed a Crosman dueling tree for air guns. Well..............

What was inside the box.

I was impressed. It has the same quality feel that the squirrel has. I noticed that the back of the plates are attached to springs. I assumed it helped flip the steel when hit by a small pellet. I think I was right. As I shot at it with my 1377 pistol, I hit the smallest at the top and flipped it right around. All subsequent hits on the medium and large targets failed to flip the steel. Bummer, but I'm not going to send it back. I'll try the 1322 and if that doesn't do it, I'll try some rifles. I want to say it's a winner, but I'll need more range time. It is fun though.

Thank you Mark the enabler!
5 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Re: This is fun Too

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:59 pm

Get the Weihrauch 22 cal after it I bet they will flip
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:09 pm

I was wondering about the price difference. Amazon is great for ordering and have it at your door a few days later but you often pay a premium.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:29 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:09 pm
I was wondering about the price difference. Amazon is great for ordering and have it at your door a few days later but you often pay a premium.
Yeah, I recently ordered a cheek riser for my M1A that looked to be the correct size and was advertised as made for that rifle. When it arrived it as way too small so I looked at returning it. Found the company that makes and shipped it and they had it listed for $12 less than Amazon. But shipping was included in the Amazon price and probably not from the shipping company.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:54 am

No tension adjustment? We bought the one Al recommended last year and it does have tension adjustment. Allows me to use it with our air pistols.

0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:21 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:01 pm
After Mark the enabler stated that he found the resetting squirrel on Amazon, I went there to compare pricing. Not enough to quibble over. While I was there, I noticed that my search also showed a Crosman dueling tree for air guns. Well..............

What was inside the box.

I was impressed. It has the same quality feel that the squirrel has. I noticed that the back of the plates are attached to springs. I assumed it helped flip the steel when hit by a small pellet. I think I was right. As I shot at it with my 1377 pistol, I hit the smallest at the top and flipped it right around. All subsequent hits on the medium and large targets failed to flip the steel. Bummer, but I'm not going to send it back. I'll try the 1322 and if that doesn't do it, I'll try some rifles. I want to say it's a winner, but I'll need more range time. It is fun though.

Thank you Mark the enabler!
Quite welcome Dave! :D Amazon is your friend...I think. :lol:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:27 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
I ordered mine early one afternoon and had it by 3:30 the very next day. I guess it helps to have a distribution center within 10 miles.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:57 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:27 pm
Sir Henry wrote:
I ordered mine early one afternoon and had it by 3:30 the very next day. I guess it helps to have a distribution center within 10 miles.
In Washington I could order by 10 am and have it delivered the same day. Mail here often takes three days the last 50 miles after going 1,000 miles in two days.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:55 pm

The squirrel was the same price on both Amazon and Walmart. The dueling tree was 12 dollars more at Walmart than on Amazon. I paid 32 something and got it the next day with Prime.

NCG, I didn't see a tensioner. I'll look again when it stops raining. I put it in my new deck storage box and it's pouring here.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:43 am

I ordered three of the squirrels. I might add the dueling tree. I’m getting a good section of metal to make up a nice plinking course.
2 x