Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

This is fun

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

This is fun

Post by daytime dave » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 am

I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but when I saw this at a rare trip to Walmart, I had to get it. I'm glad I did. It worked like a charm. I used a Crosman 1377 to shoot at it outdoors and I wondered if it would be powerful enough to reset the target. It was. I used 8 pumps at first and then went down to 6 pumps. At 7 yards, it still reset.

It was a lot of fun and I had to take my time to actually hit those small circles. The reset needed a solid center hit to work, glancing blows only made noise. It was worth every penny in complete fun alone. I didn't take any outdoor photographs as it was only in the 20's still outside. I shot and went inside to get more pellets as I was having too much fun. I didn't want to stop, but it was cold.

4 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: This is fun

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:38 am

That's great, Dave. We have several of the heavy duty shoot to reset versions and we love them. Lots of fun. We added orange stickers to the paddles for better visibility. They come painted yellow, though. Takes a fairly powerful airgun to reset them way out at 30 and 50yards, though.

These are the very types of targets used Field Trail and Hunter Field Trial airgun competition. Depending on the category, ranges go from 10 yards all the way out to 50 plus yards.

Field Trail was originally designed to simulate small game hunting with an airgun. Targets are set at unmarked distances over a course in the field, so you have to estimate distance (no rangefinders allowed) and given that wind is such a huge factor in air gun shooting, those long range targets can be very challenging. To score a hit, you must knockdown that yellow center paddle. Anything else is scored a miss. In that sense, it is similar to silhouette shooting.

The favorite caliber is 177, because there is less chance of hitting the edge of the paddle/body area with the smaller pellet and failing to knockdown the paddle.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:13 pm

Gotta try that! It DOES look like fun. I'll look for that one you got Dave next time I'm in Wally World.
Could be having lots of fun today, as it is 70 out there, but the wind is gusting really bad.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:31 pm

Does look like fun. I have a number of steel targets. I could buy a pellet gun or three and shoot them... They would ring, but not fall. 😉😉
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:09 pm

I’m going to look for them next time I’m at Wally World.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:29 pm

Today, in between snow squalls, I took out the 1322. It seemed to hit with much more authority and must have. Once the center failed to return no matter how many hits got to the reset circle. A shot of silicone took care of that. All reset hits returned the center each time.

2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:24 pm

I like the stock on your 1322. Wood?
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:40 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:24 pm
Me too! I may upgrade, one day. I have the 1377 version.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:47 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:24 pm
Yes, the wood is maple. I got those for the 1322 and walnut for the 1377. I got them from a gentleman I found on the internet. He also offered laminated stocks. He passed away I believe. He stopped his production a year or two prior to his passing. His stocks are perfect for my hands.

Both stock sets were worth the investment. They take both guns to a different level for me.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:21 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 am
I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but when I saw this at a rare trip to Walmart, I had to get it. I'm glad I did. It worked like a charm. I used a Crosman 1377 to shoot at it outdoors and I wondered if it would be powerful enough to reset the target. It was. I used 8 pumps at first and then went down to 6 pumps. At 7 yards, it still reset.

It was a lot of fun and I had to take my time to actually hit those small circles. The reset needed a solid center hit to work, glancing blows only made noise. It was worth every penny in complete fun alone. I didn't take any outdoor photographs as it was only in the 20's still outside. I shot and went inside to get more pellets as I was having too much fun. I didn't want to stop, but it was cold.

Thanks Dave! Found the same one on Amazon. I'll have it tomorrow, ( Monday ). Looking forward to the plinkn'
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry