Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Gamo Swarm Maxim Gen2 10 shot 22cal

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Gamo Swarm Maxim Gen2 10 shot 22cal

Post by gecsr1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:25 am

Gamo Swarm Maxim Gen2 10 shot 22

I really like the 10 shot magazine even with factory scope the pellet rifle is very accurate , most my shooting is 20 to 50 yards. it's my go air rifle..
Use it for rodents ground squirrels and Rats , sometimes crows (only to scare them away as they stalk my McCaw who roams freely on my porch).

I have several air rifles , Gamo, Benjamin , umarex, etc.
I have both .177 and 22 cal.
any pro's and Con's on the Gamo Multi shot rifle ?
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Gamo Swarm Maxim Gen2 10 shot 22cal

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 am

Good to see another airgun shooter, here. I have no experience with that air rifle, but it sounds interesting.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:21 am

I shoot airguns also Have a couple of Weihrauch. HW 97 and HW 95. Be real curious to see what kind of velocity you get out of the Gamo.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by gecsr1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:21 am
I shoot airguns also Have a couple of Weihrauch. HW 97 and HW 95. Be real curious to see what kind of velocity you get out of the Gamo.
It claims 900+ fps .. its powerful and accurate , I have downed ground squirrels at 60-65 yards
I use the lead pellets not the lite ones as the lite ones make to much noise they break the sound barrier...
really not sure how to measure the true velocity of the air rifle.
I have two a Gen1 and a Gen2 ( the magazine holder got out of adjustment ( bent Spring ) the parts where on back order from Gamo no Charge but got tired of waiting and bought a Gen 2)( then the sent me the new Magazine holder LOL ) so I keep one downstairs in the garage and one up stairs in the house )
They both shoot great ..
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm

I had never heard of the gun so I watched the video of it on the Gamo site. I have to say I've never seen an air gun like it. A gas pneumatic ten shot break barrel rifle. A pretty interesting idea.

Have you had the need/opportunity to have a fast follow up shot on your ground squirrels? It would seem ideal for that.

How do you rate the Gen 1 vs the Gen 2? Do you notice any glaring differences?
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by gecsr1 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:14 am

daytime dave wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm
I had never heard of the gun so I watched the video of it on the Gamo site. I have to say I've never seen an air gun like it. A gas pneumatic ten shot break barrel rifle. A pretty interesting idea.

Have you had the need/opportunity to have a fast follow up shot on your ground squirrels? It would seem ideal for that.

How do you rate the Gen 1 vs the Gen 2? Do you notice any glaring differences?
The difference between them is a change in the Magazine holder / Loader for the ten shot magazine, other wise pretty much the same .
and of course the new one seems crisper...
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:19 am

Well, thank you for putting us onto yet another type of airgun.

I hope that you continue to keep us posted on your airguns. Feel free to post some of your hunts here.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by gecsr1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:21 am

daytime dave wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:19 am
Well, thank you for putting us onto yet another type of airgun.

I hope that you continue to keep us posted on your airguns. Feel free to post some of your hunts here.
Thank You and Your welcome, Yes I am happy with these Gamo air rifles.. they are in my opinion priced fairly .
My hunts are boring I live outside of town on 3.5 acres and my main objective it rodent control rats and ground squirrels etc .
so most likely will not post much about hunts...Crows are a problem as well... but I'll fire and empty ( unloaded rounds) as the pop of the air rifle scares them.. as time goes they remember and fly around my property and don't land anywhere close... they are protected here . as are coyotes here too. Since my dog has passed to greener pastures they have stayed at bay....I would shoot in front or behind them to scare them as much as would have liked to put them down...
again thanks for your input..
0 x