Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2000 round report

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

2000 round report

Post by leverjc » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:30 pm

About six months ago I laid out a couple hundred bucks for a Benjamin model 392 multi pump because it reminded me of the one I had when I was a kid. The Williams peep sight and the pellet trap cost me about another bill.

The rifle doesn.t like Vortex pellet as well as Crossman Premiers. The vortex pellets seemed like I was cutting them every time I closed the bolt. They would through flyers and just were not that accurate. The Crossman's are super accurate in this gun. I have never benched tested it but off my Bog sticks it will shoot one ragged whole at 30 feet.

I wish it had a better trigger, for a pellet gun it isn't to heavy but has some creep (I am spoiled by the 2.5lb triggers on my lever guns). I don't care for the high comb on the stock but I have adjusted.

It has been a great investment as I can cheaply shoot everyday at the indoor range (hallway) and it has improved my Lever Silhouette shooting.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: 2000 round report

Post by daytime dave » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:54 am

Thanks for that great 2000 round report leverjc. I'm glad you enjoy your 392. I like mine. They are very accurate with the right pellet. The Williams Peep sight was a nice addition. I like your "indoor range" too. Very nice.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:27 am

I thought you shot 2,000 rounds in one session. :lol:
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:22 pm

I would have to have arms like a power lifter to pump that thing 8000 time in one session. lol
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:13 am

Good for you. We have some vintage 397Ps that we shoot and have benched. A couple are PCP accurate at 30 yards. Check some of the air gun forums for trigger mods on these current Benjamin pumpers. These classic pumpers are still very popular and a great way to get into air gunning without spending the big bucks.
1 x