Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Low cost airgun shooting fun

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Low cost airgun shooting fun

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:46 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:56 am
Good idea, Dave. Nice thing about an airgun range is that it doesn't take much to make a safe one, either in terms of space needed or materials. We've stretched ours to 50 yards, but that's very much the exception. 30 yards has become the general consensus as the distance for accuracy testing and it's the distance we shoot the most, by far. Shooting at 30 yards with air guns roughly duplicates what you can do at 50 yards with rimfires as far as the effect of shooting conditions. Shooting air guns at 30 yards is very practical even with a breeze, but it takes a day of near perfect shooting conditions to realize potential airgun accuracy at 50 yards.
I want to be able to shoot quiet rimfire outside and pellets inside during the winter. That dueling tree looks good. I have a couple for rimfire and pellets just bounce off.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:51 pm

How quiet do you want to go? See some of my old posts on using CCI Quiets, CBs, even SV 22 Shorts. Might even be worthwhile to check into paying the Feds and getting a silencer for one of your 22s.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:59 am

It is nice to be able to go out back and shoot what ever you want to. It may sound like heresy here on the forums, but my favorite form of shooting remains the airguns. Rifle, shotgun and pistol airguns. The thirty yard range will be the first one built. Next will be a 25 yd handgun range that can be expanded to 50 yds. The 75 and 100 yd rifle and shotgun range will be last.
Some quiet rimfire is fun and nice to the neighbors.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:05 am

Some quiet rimfire is fun for sure. The only reason we haven't done more of it this summer is the ammo availability thing. We still have some CBs and 22 Quiets, but we're waiting for the ammo makers to catch up, before we shoot it, again.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:56 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:05 am
Some quiet rimfire is fun for sure. The only reason we haven't done more of it this summer is the ammo availability thing. We still have some CBs and 22 Quiets, but we're waiting for the ammo makers to catch up, before we shoot it, again.
That’s my problem too. I have tons of ammo but not that much quiet. In my search for a new home I want to be able to shoot airguns indoors in the winter.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater