Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

25 Caliber

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: 25 Caliber

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:39 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:06 pm
I love this airgun talk especially since I can shoot in my backyard. Just like Gene and Joanie
:) :) :) Love it.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:41 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:06 pm
I love this airgun talk especially since I can shoot in my backyard. Just like Gene and Joanie
Yep. I try to read all range reports no matter what the person is shooting. Right now it’s air for me so I follow them especially close.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:56 am

A friend of mine moved up to PCP Air Arms air rifle from a Beeman Crow Magnum 25 caliber that he wanted to sell me. He did leave it here for me to try it out. I wouldn't have taken it off his hands for free. It was not a joy to shoot with the weight of it and the cocking force was so hard I could barely do two dozen shots before I sit it down and for got about it for a while until I got my energy back to shoot it again. My 22 caliber break barrels didn't cock like that thing did. I gave it back to him and he hasn't been able to sell it yet. I think he just set it aside and decided to keep it.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:22 am

bandit, the Beeman/Theoben Crow Mag was actually a very famous rifle. It was made by Theoben in England, who pioneered the gas ram, meaning the gun is powered by compressing a gas filled cylinder rather than compressing a spring. Out of the box, this gun likely holds the record for most cocking effort required at about 60 pounds, which is almost double the effort needed to cock the usual 850 fps springer. On some of the early versions, Theoben supplied a way to decrease pressure, should the owner choose to do so, but, apparently, some owners used the feature to increase power. thereby destroying the gun, so the feature was removed. Bottom line is that this is a very specialized gun meant for hunting, designed for hunters who did not want to go the PCP route. These are very high quality guns.Ask your friend if there is a way to drop pressure on his gun. If so, you could turn that gun into a much nicer shooter.
0 x