Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Out at the new place and took a break

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Out at the new place and took a break

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:13 am

Sounds fun Dave. Those Premiers are a popular ammo and bet they carry a thud in 22. Interesting you can shoot firearms but choose to shoot pellets.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:33 am

Gene, we've chosen to do limit our backyard shooting to mostly airguns, even though it's perfectly legal to shoot cartridge guns in our neighborhood of acreages. For sure, some of our neighbors do a LOT of shooting with big cal rifles and handguns. We voluntarily chose to limit our backyard shooting to mostly airguns, though. One reason is safety. We have neighbor kids that like a lot of kids like to wander out in the woods at times and we also worry about ricochets with bullets traveling great distances. We also keep it to air guns out of consideration to our neighbors as far as the noise thing. It's no great sacrifice, though, given how well our airguns shoot. :)
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Once a month or so I hear a neighbor a couple of houses away shooting in their backyard. It’s legal here if done safely. My property isn’t positioned where I could do it safely
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:45 pm

I have a place just up the road where I can safely shoot into a sandy hillside. Do get an occasional complaint when shooting my AR which isn't very often, not so much with pistols or my .357 Henry. If the cops do show up they just check that we are shooting safely. Don't shoot that often and the few times cops have shown up they say that's part of life in the county where shooting is legal if done safely.

The nearby Cherry Cannons are more of an annoyance but just something that has to be put up with for a few weeks each year.

https://yakimamission.wordpress.com/201 ... -war-zone/
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:34 pm

Great to hear Ya had some relaxing/fun Dave!
Like NCG mentioned, I usually put some food coloring in the water.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:15 pm

I'll try try the frozen water. I plan to put in a 30 yd and 50 yd. air gun range. It gets windy at the new place. I will also put in firearms targets too.

Gene, to answer your question, I enjoy relaxing with air guns. Relaxing being the operative word. They are more for plinking and shooting at a downed or overturned bottle or can to me. I had ten minutes to relax and it made me do just that. Then it was back to enjoyable work. I enjoy shooting firearms too, but I'm always a bit more on with them. Plus I need to scout my backgroud areas a lot more for rocks etc. I'm in no hurry.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:31 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:15 pm
I'll try try the frozen water. I plan to put in a 30 yd and 50 yd. air gun range. It gets windy at the new place. I will also put in firearms targets too.

Gene, to answer your question, I enjoy relaxing with air guns. Relaxing being the operative word. They are more for plinking and shooting at a downed or overturned bottle or can to me. I had ten minutes to relax and it made me do just that. Then it was back to enjoyable work. I enjoy shooting firearms too, but I'm always a bit more on with them. Plus I need to scout my backgroud areas a lot more for rocks etc. I'm in no hurry.
Those ten minute shooting breaks makes my days. Especially when I can get three or four in one day. I just came inside after cleaning in the garage all day with several shooting breaks.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:08 am

Same here. Nothing like being able to open our deck door and shoot an air gun at one of the targets in the yard. Can't beat the ammo cost, either.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:06 am

I just stepped outside in my pajamas and took a dozen plinks while my coffee was brewing. Maybe I should bring the coffee pot inside.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 am

The weight rack made a good ad-hoc rifle rack. I took the H9a out. It's a .22 pump pistol with nice factory wood furniture. It hit those water bottles with a thump. The CMP Daisy was right on and fun.

2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member