Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

AA (CZ) 200T update (filling)

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

AA (CZ) 200T update (filling)

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:39 pm

It's snowing, today, so I figured it would be a good day to get the newly arrived Air Arms (made by CZ) 200T PCP target rifle set up for indoor shooting at 10 meters. After all, that's the type of shooting this version of the CZ 200 is designed to do and indoor shooting is basically why I bought it, given I didn't have a PCP for this kind of work.

To get started, I opted to go with a nice little scope in the Hawke Vantage 2-7x. Still have the option, though, of going with the nice set of target iron sights at some point though.

Did a bit of trigger adjustment (it is fully adjustable) via some good sites I found on the internet. (The CZ manual is pretty vague.)

Did a quick scope adjustment off the rest and, well, it put all shots in the same exact clean hole. That tells me I will definitely need to stretch things out to 30 yards at some point. In the meantime, here's my first ever offhand group with the new 200T (7x on the scope).

What I really like with this CZ PCP is the way I can tuck in tight and not have to worry about using a light artillery hold as when shooting my springers. Using low rings also allows for a very nice cheek weld.

Have to say, for the $500 price tag on the rifle, this is one great buy in a target PCP air rifle.
Last edited by North Country Gal on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: AA (CZ) 200T first test

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:23 pm

Nice shooting NCG glad you like the new rifle
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:19 pm

Glad you were able to shoot it in the basement. No snow here. I mowed the lawn today.

I have that same scope on my QB78 and really like it.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks, guys. This is the second Hawke Vantage 2-7x cope I've bought. They're hard to beat for the money. They come in at around $100 and optics are very good. Great little air gun scope. Hawke says the Vantage series is fine for low powered springers such as the HW 30 or 50, but anything more you should move up to the AirMax series. Hawke scopes are fairly heavy for their size, but that's not necessarily a bad thing when you put them on very light air guns like the 200T.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:00 pm

High winds have kept my shooting indoors with the new 200T, but have to say, this PCP has definitely upped my shooting game indoors. The rifle is noticeably easier to shoot than my favorite springer, the HW30 and that's a fair comparison because both rifles have the same approximate weight and balance. Neither one is a big heavy rifle.

Not that the HW30 isn't easy to shoot, but going PCP with no recoil does give the 200T an edge on the follow through. Beginning to get concerned that this AA/CZ 200T rifle is going to spoil me to the point I might not want to shoot anything else.

2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:12 pm

Looks like it’s dialed-in perfect! Shooting offhand isn’t easy and you do it so constantly.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:27 am

That "constantly" is the key, meaning doing it a lot. :)

I've been so busy accuracy testing new guns, shooting them from a rest, this spring that I've fallen behind on my usual offhand/shooting without a rest style shooting.

Surprisingly, I've found spring piston guns to much less hold sensitive when shooting them without a rest, using a light hold. I think it reduces the potential of that recoil causing the gun to bounce and open groups. In some ways, I've found it trickier to shoot springers off a rest, because each gun reacts a bit differently to a given rest as far as how it bounces.

Speaking of offhand shooting, the one BIG advantage of going PCP for me is that I don't have to sit back down to cock the gun after every shot, the way I do with springers. The only springer I can comfortably cock standing up, the way most people cock a springer, is the HW30. All the other springers we shoot have too much cocking effort. For those, I have to sit down, brace the buttstock on the top of the bench seat I'm sitting on and then use two hands to cock the gun. Same for multi-pump air guns.

Funny how it's these little things that can make so much difference.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:52 am

I can cock my GAMO Tomcat by bracing it against my legs standing and then use both hands.

My CO2’s are more fun and easier to load and shoot so they get most of the range time. Interesting stuff about the springers and benchrest.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:59 pm

We may even get into the 60s over the weekend, so I'm hoping to get the 2300S CO2 pistol out for some shooting. Have you shot yours yet?
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:56 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:59 pm
We may even get into the 60s over the weekend, so I'm hoping to get the 2300S CO2 pistol out for some shooting. Have you shot yours yet?
No not yet. That might change in the next hour.
0 x