Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Power Pellet Lube

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Power Pellet Lube

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:03 pm

I bough this because it pushed me over the free shipping limit. I wonder if it’s a good idea or not.
1219DDF5-9A0B-4FAA-9682-A425E4443B46.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Power Pellet Lube

Post by ol'pole » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:47 pm

Only 1 way to find out
1 x
I love my country but I fear my government

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:33 am

I was reading where it is a good idea to put some non-petroleum based oil on the end of of your CO2 cartridges but wonder if you need a specific air gun lube. I have several different synthetic oils I have got for gun lubrication that I wonder if wouldn't be just as good.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:56 am

dave77 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:33 am
I was reading where it is a good idea to put some non-petroleum based oil on the end of of your CO2 cartridges but wonder if you need a specific air gun lube. I have several different synthetic oils I have got for gun lubrication that I wonder if wouldn't be just as good.
Be really wary of gun lube and cleaning products in an air rifle, they can screw up seals and orings, attack aluminum parts and cause dieseling and other problems. Your center fire rifle or pistol does not have any rubber parts! PCP guns are especially at risk. They require only pure silicone oil or grease. It does not have to say for airguns on the label.... OTH silicone oil is not a great lubricant, so I do use a tiny amount of a good synthetic gun oil on my trigger group ONLY. For the co2 cylinder seal I personally would use a very light smear of silicone grease.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-9200 ... 859&sr=8-4

John Davies
Spokane WA
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:21 am

Crosman recommends their Pellgunoil on the tip of the CO2 cartridge. It's been around a long, long time and it is safe to use. It also works on the O ring on the bolt of CO2 guns, as well as a lube for classic pumpers. Has lots of uses.

As John mentions, be very careful with using standard gun products with airguns.

As for the Power Pellet Lube, I've never seen the need to lube pellets. They come already lubed, right in the tin. What research I've done on pellet lubes does not support any significant increase in velocity or accuracy. Most folks use it more to reduce leading, but that can also be done by proper cleaning with A) a good bore snake or B) a quality one-piece rod such as a Dewey. I use both. That said, go ahead and try it. It is designed for use in air guns.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 am

The lube seems similar to how Norma ammo feels. I may try it at some point in one of the airguns but not all.

Then again I’m reminded of the Coleman stoves where you can use almost anything to lube the earlier leather and later rubber pump seals.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater