Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Indoor and target PCP, AA T200

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Indoor and target PCP, AA T200

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 am

We've ordered one more PCP to fill a hole in our PCP collection. It's a very well known gun in the air gun target shooting world with an excellent track record. It's the https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_Arms ... ights/2622.

Air Arms is an English air gun company, but the 200 is actually made by CZ.

Why the T200?

I do a lot of indoor shooting in the winter and 10 meters with light springers such as the HW30 or the Slavia 631 Lux, both of which shoot in that 450 to 650 fps velocity window. That's ideal for indoor shooting. Anything more is overkill. We also have a nice variety of air pistols, all of which shoot in that same approximate velocity range.

What we don't have, though, is an indoor friendly PCP air rifle. Love our Daystate PCP rifles and we also enjoy our Benjamin Discovery, but those all shoot at 900 fps (and the Disco only gets 20 shots per fill). Enter the T200 at 500 fps with over 100 shots per fill. Add in some nice target sights and we think this one will be a winner. Also, there are lots of add on accessories for the T200, such as a power upgrade kit if we want to shoot this one outdoors at longer distances. Should be set to go at 30 yards, right out of the box, though, if we want to also do some backyard shooting.

Will report more, later.
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Indoor and target PCP, AA T200

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 am

Nice rifle NCG. Ive posted a couple of times over there on the GTA forum and dont get much response. Seems to be kind of a clickish bunch.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:12 pm

Yes, there is certainly an element of that in the various gates. Every gate seems to have its dominant group and it is sometimes hard to break in to those groups. I mostly post in the German airgun gate, because it's the most active gate for springers. I'm very well known, there, but less so in other gates.

The PCP gate is dominated by the low to mid priced PCPs, as you might expect. Almost nothing on the higher end PCPs.

The Vintage gate is heavily biased towards old Benjamin and Crosman stuff.

If you ever have any questions, of course, I'll do my best to help.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:46 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Wearable4U-Umare ... 286&sr=8-4

Thanks NCG. Give me your thoughts on this rifle. Sure have seen alot of reports on it and all very positive. Ive been looking at this one and trying to decide .177 or .22cal. This package is only for 22 cal.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:13 pm

You should be getting a commission on all the sales you are creating here. I’m tempted as it looks like something I would really like but I need to get a year of CO2 under my belt and not just keep buying. I will be looking forward to a range report.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:18 pm

Im just thinkin CO2 instead of the PCP. Just cause I dont want to spend all that money on the support gear for PCP. You can also convert this one so I understand. This will also give me the multiple shot rifle.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:23 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:18 pm
Im just thinkin CO2 instead of the PCP. Just cause I dont want to spend all that money on the support gear for PCP. You can also convert this one so I understand. This will also give me the multiple shot rifle.
With 90% of my firearm collection in the process of being sold I have the money but not the time to dedicate to both. The CO2 has the attraction of being a lot easier to setup for a novice like me.

But next year......
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:33 pm

Al, I didn't know much about this rifle, so did several reviews on it. I have to say I was impressed. It's actually a Hammerli 850, made in Germany, so definitely not some cheap imported junk. There's even a PCP version. Runs on the big 88/90 gram cartridges, but Umarex offers a 12 gram adapter. Accuracy looks good, not quite PCP class, but very good and for sure, it gets you out of the fill hassle of going PCP. Crazy number of fills.

I think the best video was by https://airgundetectives.com/umarex-850 ... ll-review/. He did some interesting mods. Check it out.
0 x

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by DAVIDF » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:38 pm

I did not know CZ made airguns. I generally learn one or two things every time I read something you post NCG!

Took my wife to the outdoor range this past Sunday so she could shoot the Beeman R7 and a new CZ 457 Trainer. She has shot the Beeman just a couple of times in the back yard, but this time it off the bench. She really liked it a lot, more than I would have figured. Both of us loved the CZ, it is extremely accurate. Couldn't tell from our groups but I did manage to get one group that was a ragged hole at 25 yards while sighting in the iron sights. It is pretty much a tie for her as to which rifle is her favorite the CZ or her Henry H001L. The Henry is better offhand for her due to its weight and the CZ is perfect on the bench.
0 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Have to admit that the simplicity of CO2 is very attractive and that the typical COs power level is very back yard and indoor friendly.

David, yes, CZ has been in the air rifle business for a long time, though I didn't know that until we recently bought a used Slavia 631 (also a CZ brand) made in the 80s or so. Not surprised, though, since European countries have always had a very strong air gun tradition.

Love the CZ 457 platform. The 457 Trainer is excellent, I agree.
1 x