Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Indoor and target PCP, AA T200

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Indoor and target PCP, AA T200

Post by dave77 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:15 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 am
Dave
Something I didnt do and was amazed at the difference it made is run some patches down the barrel before shooting it. Dont use and copper or metal brushes . I did my pistol this am and it was not done either. I cant wait to shoot it to see how it shoots now.
Assume a rod and cleaning jag (I have both types, prefer the round type over the slotted type) for .22 will work. How about using a cleaner such as Hoppes or CLP, Ok if you were to get some on the seals? I also have a .22 bore snake but I hesitate to use it anymore as it's so tight a fit I sometimes think it's going to break inside the barrel.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:21 pm

dave77 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:15 pm
BigAl52 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 am
Dave
Something I didnt do and was amazed at the difference it made is run some patches down the barrel before shooting it. Dont use and copper or metal brushes . I did my pistol this am and it was not done either. I cant wait to shoot it to see how it shoots now.
Assume a rod and cleaning jag (I have both types, prefer the round type over the slotted type) for .22 will work. How about using a cleaner such as Hoppes or CLP, Ok if you were to get some on the seals? I also have a .22 bore snake but I hesitate to use it anymore as it's so tight a fit I sometimes think it's going to break inside the barrel.
The snakes get easier and easier the more you use them. I have some so worn they slide right through.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Good advice on cleaning a new bore before shooting. I just use a standard lead/copper/carbon solvent for cleaning the bore like Hoppe's Elite. I'd be careful of the harsh degreaser type cleaners getting near O rings and seals.

As for cleaning rods, I only use quality one-piece rods like a Dewey, they type that has the plastic coating. Yes, the bore snakes get easier to use the more use they see.
0 x