Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Marksman 1010

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Marksman 1010

Post by Koyote » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:28 pm

About five years ago, I went drove down to visit my family in L.A. My cousin gifted me her father's Marksman 1010 air pistol in the original box with manual. I remember him having it in the 1950's. It is not gas operated, but rather uses a spring. It can shoot several BB's or fire pellets one at a time. Along with the pistol it came with a small tin of Daisy .177 lead pellets. While at Scheels Sporting Goods in Sparks, NV one day, I noticed a similar plastic version of the 1010. When I tried to find out about Marksman, I found out they had gone out of business, and a neighboring store owner told me to never strip it down as it was nearly impossible to re-assemble as he had one when Marksman was still in business. It is not an accurate shooter, but I would consider it a collector's item and something to use in teaching my nephew in the use of firearms.
Box.jpg
Slide Back 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Marksman 1010

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:14 pm

I would consider it collectible, too. I do remember those (tells you how old I am), ut never got a chance to shoot one. Looks like a fun shooter. Enjoy.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:04 am

I had one. It took a lot of abuse too. They are certainly collectible. It would be acceptable to teach someone how to handle a gun. Enjoy it and teach your nephew to respect and enjoy firearms and airguns. Passing on this legacy is one of the best parts of the shooting experience.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:26 am

It even shoots darts! I noticed the box says no CO2 like you said. My question is how long has CO2 guns been around?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater