Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Dan Wesson Co2 revolver......

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Dan Wesson Co2 revolver......

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:18 am

Bought this one when they first came out. Nice Co2 BB plinker with lots of realism! So real in fact real 357 Mag and 38 Special loaded rounds WILL FIT in the cylinder! :shock: .BE CAREFUL ! :shock:
I make up extra BB ammo cases using .38 Special brass and making up my own bullet shaped polymer bullet ends.

Will be getting this one out soon as weather gets warmer...only 40 degrees today and rainy....stay tuned!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Dan Wesson Co2 revolver......

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:38 am

Thats neat Forty. The shells that come with it do they hold just one bb at a time
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:09 am

Interesting. Did not know such type BB guns existed. I am not crazy about CO2s though. It just one more thing that I have to ensure availability of. For me, less is better.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:41 am

I was really tempted to buy one of those, they get great reviews at the UK airgun websites. I balked because of the low muzzle velocity, smooth bore and, well, teenie weenie steel balls. What kind of accuracy do you get?

Could you load a bb by leaving a bunch in a flat tray and pressing down the cartridge tip? That seems easier than fumbling around picking them up.

One reason I picked a larger caliber (Hatsan Bullboss .25) was that the big pellets are so much easier to handle. That and 40 foot pounds ME!

John Davies
Spokane WA
Last edited by John E Davies on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:38 am
Thats neat Forty. The shells that come with it do they hold just one bb at a time
Yes they hold only one BB since the hole is stepped. I hear ya Al....if one is great 2 must be better. That works better with those greenine stickum caps!! :lol:
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:50 am

John E Davies wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:41 am
I was really tempted to buy one of those, they get great reviews at the UK airgun websites. I balked because of the low muzzle velocity, smooth bore and, well, teenie weenie steel balls. What kind of accuracy do you get?

Could you load a bb by leaving a bunch in a flat tray and pressing down the cartridge tip? That seems easier than fumbling around picking them up.

One reason I picked a larger caliber (Hatsan Bullboss .25) was that the big pellets are so much easier to handle. That and 40 foot pounds ME!

John Davies
Spokane WA
Heck move up to the Hatsan Carnivore .30 cal. The flying door knobs! I like that too!
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:23 am

Not to worry about availability of 12g CO2 cartridges. Those have been more available for use, locally, than even pellets.

Forty, as someone who has owned DW revolvers, that is very close in looks, yes. Again, I'm going for a pellet version for accuracy, bt not sure how accurate any of these reproductions are.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:59 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:23 am
Not to worry about availability of 12g CO2 cartridges. Those have been more available for use, locally, than even pellets.

Forty, as someone who has owned DW revolvers, that is very close in looks, yes. Again, I'm going for a pellet version for accuracy, bt not sure how accurate any of these reproductions are.
The difference is like trying to win the Indy 500 in a go-cart. Yes that go-cart may have the skin of an Indy Car but it still has a lawn mower engine.

I can see the bb fly in my Red Ryder and Peacemaker and it usually is a curveball. Since there is no rifling I suspect the bb is rolling down the barrel and not sliding. This would cause it to spin but not in the same way a rifling would make it spin. My RR will curve high and to the right. The only difference is how much.

That is one reason I only shoot bb’s at gongs. Every hit is a hit and it doesn’t matter if it hit the center or the edge. It still goes plink.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:25 pm

John E Davies wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:41 am

John Davies
Spokane WA
Yes John...that is the way I load those BB's by pressing down in a bunch of them.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am

Took it out yesterday and tried to get some shots on a paper plate target with a 1 1/2 inch center bulls eye. Ha...not much luck from 15 ft. with BB's scattering all over the plate. Didn't remember it shooting so wild. Think I could do better blowing the BB out of a straw! Oh well.
0 x