Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

QB 78 trigger pull

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

QB 78 trigger pull

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:24 pm

I mentioned in another thread I ordered mine with the Archer Kit and now remember they were out of stock. Rather than wait I ordered it stock.

Three quick tests and they were all very close. At almost five pounds it’s a bit heavy for me but I think I can get used to it. It has a very large pull up to it so it doesn’t seem that high. I estimated three and half.
A62BCFF7-0DC4-4E7D-AAE0-9D5147112363.jpeg
There is no creep whatsoever. When I think two-stage I think M14 and this is no where near it. The QB pull is smooth from the beginning with no parts falling into position and no transfer of power from one spring to other. It’s more like pulling the whistle on a steam engine.
380A0CF5-92FD-4CF9-9D3E-ED3BB12F3F6C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: QB 78 trigger pull

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 pm

I have a few airguns like that, but I do prefer a very distinct difference between the first and second stage.

There's a typo on the math on that page is off, by the way. A 500 gram match trigger would pull at approximately 15.0 ounces, not 1.5 ounces.

My Anschutz Exemplar 22 LR silhouette pistol is the perfect example of why a two stage trigger is a safety feature. The Exemplar trigger comes from the factory set at 8 ounces and can safely be set even lighter. The problem with an 8 ounce trigger without a first stage to take up is that it is way too easy to touch the trigger and have it go off, prematurely.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: QB 78 trigger pull

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 pm
I have a few airguns like that, but I do prefer a very distinct difference between the first and second stage.

There's a typo on the math on that page is off, by the way. A 500 gram match trigger would pull at approximately 15.0 ounces, not 1.5 ounces.

My Anschutz Exemplar 22 LR silhouette pistol is the perfect example of why a two stage trigger is a safety feature. The Exemplar trigger comes from the factory set at 8 ounces and can safely be set even lighter. The problem with an 8 ounce trigger without a first stage to take up is that it is way too easy to touch the trigger and have it go off, prematurely.
I’ve pulled a few triggers set for under a pound and didn’t like them. Look at them wrong and they go off. My magic number is 2.5 pounds. That’s light enough that I’m not struggling with it yet heavy enough where there are no surprise firing.

It’s still to cold to shoot accurate so I’m spending my time just getting used to it. Especially loading it! The scope is nice but it’s also in the way of loading. This is most true while loading prone.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater