Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bullet (Pellet) Trap

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Bullet (Pellet) Trap

Post by GFK » Mon May 15, 2023 7:34 pm

It has been awhile, but I took the trap to the backyard and gave it a try. I wanted to do some shooting. Yet, I did not want to go to the range. So, I took the trap to the backyard. I like it! It is a nice size and held the pellets nicely (5 pumps per round). I was about 17 yards away and had no problem with the sight picture. I shot 10 rounds. I was shooting to the right. Being the case, I made an adjustment. I will see if there is a difference, on my next outing. I was seated and ending shooting a 2 3/4" group. I am pleased with the results. Maybe one day, I will have a range for firearms, in my backyard. Until then, this trap will work fine.

DSCN0664.JPG
May23.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon May 15, 2023 7:53 pm

Shooting in your own backyard is great. I shot a lot of pellets in Seattle but have switched to rimfire here in rural Wisconsin.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon May 15, 2023 10:02 pm

I am hoping to move to the rural somewhere. It will probably be, after market settles some. Hopefully, the cost of a mortgage will not be ridiculous then.
3 x

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Wed May 24, 2023 6:42 am

We had a bullet trap like that growing up. I'd shoot in my basement with my .22 using it. I think ours was an Outers brand. The bullets hit the angle plate and them skip/slide down to the lower area where they collect as dust and small fragments. We'd dump those into the trash after each shooting session. Worked amazingly well, and we were shooting from about 20-25 feet, so pretty close. I will say that it is loud when the bullets hit. It rang like a gong on an outdoor range. My neighbors used to tell me they heard us shooting last night a lot of times.

I now have a small (approx 5" x 5") wall mounted trap that I use for 10 meter shooting. It has a heavier plate mounted to springs and the pellets just flatten out on the plate and drop inside behind the paper target. I'd say that the trap makes more sound than the pistol firing the pellet.
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed May 24, 2023 1:50 pm

I have not tried a .22s; I don't have one. I did, but I let someone use it. Bought it for target practice. Yet, the pellet gun (cost almost the same) seems to work better, for where I am living. However, that may change one day. For now, the pellet gun will do. Nonetheless, it seems like a nice setup, catches the pellets and disposal is easy. It makes for very little clean up after practice session. Seems like a winner to me!
0 x