Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hey Sir H

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Hey Sir H

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:33 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:55 pm
Dave, yeah, I'm a GTA junkie. Post over there a lot, especially under the German air gun gate, what with all our HW, FWB and RWS springers. NCG over there, same as here.
I actually know what you are talking about. If nothing else at least the abbreviations. Four years ago it would have been random letters.

In another post you mentioned the CO2 power has the replica market cornered. I didn’t know that but I have looked at a lot of cheap $40 replicas of classic Lugers and even the mass produced 9130 in CO2.

With the same cartridge and $2 to $3 hundred I can also buy and shoot a medium priced rifle or pistol that can far outshoot me or at least bring me to my best. The QB78 reminds me of my CZ’s in it’s accuracy. The trigger on the inexpensive Peacemaker is one of the finest although the SA pull is rough at best.

And I can do it in my own backyard on five minutes notice. That is the most important thing now is that I can get some daily trigger time in without it taking over my life. I’m in the middle of a kitchen remodel. So it’s CO2 or no shoot.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:24 am

I used to be there quite a bit.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:38 am

GTA, not surprisingly, has grown by leaps and bounds just this last year, but always room for more.

Oh, I get that about being able to shoot at home and being able to squeeze in shooting time with a schedule full of other things you're doing. Very big deal for us, too. The wind finally calmed down, today, so I'll be trying to sight in the new scope on the Daystate, on top of a lot of other things we need to do, here.

By the time we rounded our powder guns and ammo and accessories, loaded it all in the car and drove to our local range and back, we almost always would eat up half a day, minimum and we still had to unload it all, clean guns and so on when we got home. Let's not even talk about ammo costs, now. And, of course, we'd never know how crowded the range would be until we pulled into the parking lot or who we'd have shooting next to us. We're in no hurry to renew our membership now that we are shooting at home, so much.
0 x