Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What did you do at your reloading bench today?

All things reloading here
Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: What did you do at your reloading bench today?

Post by Vaquero » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:48 pm

Just getting back home, been over in SC for a couple weeks.
Stopped by and visited with Mark, Super nice host.
He gave me some 357 brass, I deprimed those and threw 'em in the tumbler with some Creedmoor brass.
Also on the way home yesterday, Mark said there was a Sportmans Warehouse right on the way,
so I stopped and scored a lb of W748, $39.99 + tax.

Then weed-eated the yard. Glad that's over haha!

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Wed May 04, 2022 2:07 pm

Sorted through about 500 dirty .223 brass. I pick up a lot of range brass and some have crimped in primers (about 50%). So I sort them out and put them in their own bucket for later processing. The .223 brass without a crimped went straight to the tumbler. Thats was my first chore, then I went on to clean two dirty AR's from yesterday range trip. ;) I hate cleaning guns - it's more fun making them dirty. :D

Paul
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed May 04, 2022 9:50 pm

Well when I got home I loaded 3 rounds of 30-30 to compare to a new box of Federal 170gr that I picked up at WW. I also loader 3 more of the 35's to try again in the Savage.
I updated that results in that thread.
After the shooting I deprimed those rounds.
Then I sized, primed, and expanded 50 pcs. of 35 Rem. brass.

RP
1 x

H001, H006, H012

NHshtr
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by NHshtr » Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 pm

I loaded some trial loads as well. I made up three loads of .308 Win, using BLC2 of 44.0, gr., 44.5 gr., and 45.0 gr. all under 165 gr. Hornady Interloks. The 44.5 load has been my go-to, but I never tried a bit above and below. Not sure .5 grain difference is enough to make an evaluation. I'd be glad to hear your experience.
I also loaded three loads of .270 WSM using 59.0 gr. of H4350 with three different 130 grain bullets: Hornady Interloks, Win Silver Tips and Sierra Game Kings. I used the COAL recommended for each bullet. Just want to see the difference in groupings by bullet. Maybe I'm being a little too fine on load difference, but what the heck, I just want to get out and shoot!
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed May 04, 2022 11:03 pm

NHshtr wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 pm
I loaded some trial loads as well. I made up three loads of .308 Win, using BLC2 of 44.0, gr., 44.5 gr., and 45.0 gr. all under 165 gr. Hornady Interloks. The 44.5 load has been my go-to, but I never tried a bit above and below. Not sure .5 grain difference is enough to make an evaluation. I'd be glad to hear your experience.
I also loaded three loads of .270 WSM using 59.0 gr. of H4350 with three different 130 grain bullets: Hornady Interloks, Win Silver Tips and Sierra Game Kings. I used the COAL recommended for each bullet. Just want to see the difference in groupings by bullet. Maybe I'm being a little too fine on load difference, but what the heck, I just want to get out and shoot!
You'll be surprised at the difference, when working up loads I' usually go up at .2, then the best I'll go up and down a .1.
Post your results in the range reports, enjoy.

RP
1 x

H001, H006, H012

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Thu May 05, 2022 10:06 pm

50 rounds of 38special. 158 grain SWC Bayou bullet over 4.7 grains of Unique powder.
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sat May 07, 2022 11:48 pm

Went to the shop, looked around, had a couple of beers and said, "naw, not today". Back in the house and watched baseball. Monday I'll go at it again.
More 30-30 loads.
1 x

NHshtr
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by NHshtr » Sun May 08, 2022 12:34 am

by Rifletom » Sat May 07, 2022 11:48 pm

Went to the shop, looked around, had a couple of beers and said, "naw, not today". Back in the house and watched baseball. Monday I'll go at it again.
More 30-30 loads.
Funny, I did the same thing today. got to the shop picked up and cleaned up a bit. Sat in the chair and decided I'm at the point I have more need to shoot this stuff than to load it. Went to the living room and watched the ballgame.
I'll get out early next week and shoot (and I'll have a cigar then too!)
2 x

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Wed May 11, 2022 10:05 pm

Must be something going around on this forum. I went to the "factory",that's what the wife calls my reloading area,sat at the bench, set my powder drop to 4.7 grains and said maybe tomorrow I'll load some.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu May 12, 2022 10:15 am

JVogler wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:05 pm
Must be something going around on this forum. I went to the "factory",that's what the wife calls my reloading area,sat at the bench, set my powder drop to 4.7 grains and said maybe tomorrow I'll load some.
I hear you, I need to get to my “unloading” bench. Too dam many projects here at home. Just now my wife was discussing moving a large area of river rock and putting grass in for the dog. :shock: :shock: Of course she does the discussing and I do the moving, :lol:
2 x