Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A new all-range hunting bullet: ELD-X

All things reloading here
PT7
Drover
United States of America

A new all-range hunting bullet: ELD-X

Post by PT7 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:33 pm

A couple of months ago, I read a very interesting article in American Rifleman (AR) about the new hunting bullet, ELD-X, which Hornady has manufactured. I hope some of you reloaders might like this read, too. I think that the science and technology behind bullet manufacturing is astonishing!

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... -x-bullet/
1 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: A new all-range hunting bullet: ELD-X

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:35 pm

the Nosler Ballistic has long been the standard for this type of long range bullet .... looks like Hornady is trying to move into that market segment .... I have no doubt that they have done their homework and fully believe they will put out a quality product .... we've been using the Nosler's for decades and would be hard pressed to not stay with them
0 x

eldermike
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: A new all-range hunting bullet: ELD-X

Post by eldermike » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:18 pm

I read the article, it's very interesting indeed. The "standard" bullet is something I have studied in order to better understand claims from manufacturers on BC. Sierra publishes BC based upon velocity which is very helpful for the handloader. In Bench rest rifle we always shot flat base bullets with the only variation in the ogive section. Lowest drag is not most accurate at reasonable ranges, but the lowest drag will become most accurate at some distance way out there. Lots of science in bullet design.
1 x