Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Reloading Stand

All things reloading here
Joezilla
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Reloading Stand

Post by Joezilla » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:17 pm

JEBar wrote:having the wooden center section of the table thicker than the metal side plates would not be a problem ..... the OEM center section is 1" thick, since I will soon have a second one on hand, using it will raise the surface of the center section to being 1" higher than the wings
I am watching this with interest. Keep us informed of your progress. Great report thus far.

Joe
0 x

Joezilla
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Joezilla » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:32 pm

JEBar wrote:well, as promised, our portable reloading stand arrived today .... pictures below show the box as it arrived through the assembly process .... as can be seen, when it arrived the wooden section of the top had a chip in it .... per the instruction sheet, I plan to call the company (not Amazon) in the morning to notify them about the problem ..... the assembly was straight forward and went smoothly .... first impression, it is most certainly a heavy duty stand .... I like the way it folds up .... I do believe it will provide a stable stand for taking our single stage reloading press and other necessary reloading equipment with us when we are on the road .... I also feel pretty certain that it will come in handy for other uses .... example : my wife's sewing machine should fit on it .... I believe that it can also come in handy for use outside the camper, under the awning .... I'm looking forward to speaking with their customer service in the morning ... they have a good reputation, will add a note as to how it goes
Jim,

In the last picture, it looks like the table is in it's lowest position. How tall it is at that spot?

Joe
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Joezilla wrote:Jim,

In the last picture, it looks like the table is in it's lowest position. How tall it is at that spot?

Joe
it is at its lowest position .... table top to floor 28.5"
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Joezilla wrote:I am watching this with interest. Keep us informed of your progress. Great report thus far.

Joe
I'm not a fan of pressboard but I don't see taking a perfectly good top off .... that said, I'm pretty sure that down the line I will replace the pressboard with an inch to an inch and a half of plyboard
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:35 am

we have found that our Frankford table also makes an excellent cleaning station .... its portability and stability are major assets
Attachments
171002 001 Cleaning Stand 001.jpg
171002 001 Cleaning Stand 001.jpg (65.84 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
171002 001 Cleaning Stand 003.jpg
171002 001 Cleaning Stand 003.jpg (69.74 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
1 x

Joezilla
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Joezilla » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Looks great. I am seriously going to consider getting one of these.

Joe
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Joezilla wrote:Looks great. I am seriously going to consider getting one of these.

Joe
so far, I'm happy with it .... the one thing I will change is to replace the OEM pressboard section of the top .... to replace it I'll probably glue 2 or 3 pieces of 3/4" plyboard ... that said, I won't do so until the pressboard one shows it needs to be replaced .... I really believe it will work better than anything else that I've seen for us while we are traveling
0 x