Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Picked up some primers....

All things reloading here
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Picked up some primers....

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:11 pm

At my local shop down the street. They had a nice stack of Winchester SP primers and priced at 79.99 per thousand like most other places when you find them. Haven't seen the Winchester LP in over a year around here. Just adding to the stash when I see them cause you never know what's to happen with ammo component production.
4 x

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Picked up some primers....

Post by 5shot » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:48 pm

$79 a brick here in the frozen north too. Cabelas had Winchester for $90 a brick but ...and I'm reluctant to say this....I might have enough stashed away to make it to the checkered flag. ;) Ain't no kid no more! :lol:
Primers.jpg
Primers.jpg (67.39 KiB) Viewed 656 times
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:18 pm

I started using some of my stash again since there is some out there to be had. I dont want to leave to much behind when the dirt nap comes as if there is someone will be able to sell them and make the final check good instead of bouncing like I am intending.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:39 am

Nice to see some supplies coming your way. And at a good price to boot. I would look at the situation in just 2 ways : 1 the store has primers that I would like to have, 2 I bought the primers that the store had. Around here powder and primers are got through online sales. Must make the most of a transaction to cover the hazmat fee. A case of primers or 10-12 lbs of powder at a time.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:59 pm

Pickup some Remington small pistol primers. $5.71/100. I also got a story from the gun desk.

The story, true or not??? Don't know.
Pre-Covid most primers were imported from Canada. During Covid Canada shut down export of everything firearm related. Guns, powder, ammo, bullets, primers, everything. Canada hasn't resumed export and with the anti-gun political stuff going on in Canada, export may never resume. What primers are available in the U.S. are surplus leftovers from ammunition manufactures. About brass, brass door knob makers are starting to make cases.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:38 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:18 pm
I started using some of my stash again since there is some out there to be had. I dont want to leave to much behind when the dirt nap comes as if there is someone will be able to sell them and make the final check good instead of bouncing like I am intending.
I'm in the same boat. Now that primers are, at least available at a higher price point, I'll start reloading more often.
Jake
1 x

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 5shot » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:37 pm

Mags....Many of the handloaders I know are buying lots of primers and components, especially now that local retailers have lifted the limits on how many. These guys seem determined to not get caught with low supplies again. Seems hard to believe these are all leftovers? But....I'm wrong a lot. :lol:

Bought another brick of CCI 550's yesterday and a box of #6 shot (gasp) :o .410's for the little Iver Johnson.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:03 am

5shot wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:37 pm
Mags....Many of the handloaders I know are buying lots of primers and components, especially now that local retailers have lifted the limits on how many. These guys seem determined to not get caught with low supplies again. Seems hard to believe these are all leftovers? But....I'm wrong a lot. :lol:

Bought another brick of CCI 550's yesterday and a box of #6 shot (gasp) :o .410's for the little Iver Johnson.
Lots of primers not this far west yet. At least not NW Oregon. I was told a couple month back that I would have to visit central Oregon to find a better supply of primers. Here the shelves are full of factory ammo, powder and bullets. Some brass, but almost exclusively 357, 38special and 6.5 creedmoor. Although there is a lot factory ammo, 45 Colt, 30-30 and 410 are not among them. I told the guy at the gun desk during our discussion that I thought hand-loaders have got there fill of powder, why there is so much on the shelf un-bought. Certainly that's my case. I just need Large Pistol and Rifle primers to go with the powder.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:57 am

Thats one part of my stash that I havent started using yet is LRP and LPP. The price of those is still higher than the SPP and SRP. Im not paying .13 to .15 cents a piece for them
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:10 pm

I had not seen any LRP for a long time. Brown just dropped off two bricks of CCI primers from Target Sports. I paid to much at $105 a brick but I should have enough for a year or so. Hope they will be cheaper by the time I need more.
0 x