Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PRIMERS

All things reloading here
Pitchman1968
Cowhand
United States of America

PRIMERS

Post by Pitchman1968 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Visited my local Bass Pro Shop a few days ago and spoke with the Manager of their Firearms Dept. about large pistol and large rifle primer availability. He said he normally receives a case or two of primers each week. He then went onto to describe that there is generally a 'flood" of shoppers who buy-up all the primers by mid-morning. In all sincerity, he told me he is convinced there is a cellphone network that daily monitors both Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop retail outlets for primers. Once they see an in-stock position on any type primer, they load that data into their smartphones and the news is immediately transmitted to other members of network. If this is true, it is going to a long time before casual shoppers like me will be able to find primers at retail.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: PRIMERS

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:52 pm

interesting but can't say I'm surprised
0 x

Cannonball
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cannonball » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:18 pm

They probably aren’t texting other people but immediately listing what they are buying on Gunbroker for three times the price. Sorry, I couldn’t resist making that comment after trying to buy a Henry and some ammo at a fair price on there for the past 8 months.
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:28 pm

There isnt any fair prices anymore on gunbroker. As soon as you think you have gotten a fair price GB fees will eat that up.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55