Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PACO KELLY ACU'RZR TOOL FOR 22lr RIMFIRE RIFLE BULLETS

All things reloading here
Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

PACO KELLY ACU'RZR TOOL FOR 22lr RIMFIRE RIFLE BULLETS

Post by Bake » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:25 pm

Has anyone ever tried using the Paco Kelly Acu'rzr Tool? The biggest problem I had was being consistent with a 12-ounce ball pain hammer :D . . .
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: PACO KELLY ACU'RZR TOOL FOR 22lr RIMFIRE RIFLE BULLETS

Post by Ernie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:50 pm

What is this tool?
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:24 pm

I'm familiar with the tool and the concept. It's been around a long time and was something of a fad about fifteen/twenty or so years, ago. Most people I know who tried it told me it was more trouble than it was worth for the results they got. I remember many users reporting no difference or very little difference. Pretty much a passing fad. Haven't heard of anyone still using it. Never hear it mentioned on RFC or any of the rimfire boards, now, and some of the boards get really obsessed with accuracy, so that's pretty telling. If you want better accuracy, it's more reliably effective and a lot less work to just to change the ammo you're using. That's my take on it, anyway.
6 x

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:49 pm

It works, but there are a couple of things you have to know about the rifle before you buy.

One you need to know your bore size,
Two you need to know if the barrel is choked. Quite a few sleeved barrels are. Look at the new sig 365 esque 22lr. That is why it is leading so bad.

It has little effect on quality ammunition groups as they are pretty homogeneous in size, weight, width, lengths and powder charge.

Where it comes into its own is bulk pack ammo. SO, if you are into spending a crap ton of time making your cheap bulk ammo more accurate (not the most accurate,) then have at it.

Back in the day gunblast Jeff Quinn used it a lot in his reviews. I've used it some, it works, but it is easier to find more consistent ammo than it is to make 500 rounds using the accurizer.
1 x

Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bake » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:22 pm

The only problem I had with the Acu'rzr was the lack of consistency. I could shrink my groups to less than MOA, but I would still get a flyers. After a while, I noticed a trend developing; soft, oversized lead bullets worked exceptionally well in my TC barrels. I started casting my own soft, oversized lead bullets for making the paper-patched bullets for my Thompson Center. 357mag, 44 mag, and 357 maxi became my "GO TO" metal silhouette ammo. . .
0 x