Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Handloader TV Any of you see this youtube show?

All things reloading here
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Handloader TV Any of you see this youtube show?

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:25 pm

Nice .44 Special load tests with a Taylor's .44 six shooter! https://youtu.be/11Z89yETPls
1 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Handloader TV Any of you see this youtube show?

Post by Headhog » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:01 pm

First I've seen this channel. I'll have to look for more of their videos. Good load development review though.

I was just a little confused by his comments about the revolver. He said this was a standard revolver and not custom tuned. Then he talked about the work Taylors & Company does to these revolvers and kept pointing out different features. So what does Taylors & Company do beside import these revolvers? I know they custom tune some, but not this one - I'm confused.

Paul
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Not sure if I can answer Headhog correctly, but. my Uberti/Taylor's "Old Randall" has the tuned trigger and whatnot and is an easier revolver to shoot than my Pietta. Both are smooth, just that the Taylor's is far more accurate.
And, I'm going to check that youtube deal. Thanks forty.
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Rifletom wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:01 pm
Not sure if I can answer Headhog correctly, but. my Uberti/Taylor's "Old Randall" has the tuned trigger and whatnot and is an easier revolver to shoot than my Pietta. Both are smooth, just that the Taylor's is far more accurate.
Tom, what I'm confused by is what revolvers are "tuned" by Taylors. I've seen some that specifically mention "Taylors & Company Tuned Uberti" and others that just say "Taylors & Company Uberti", and they are the same price. That is what is confusing me.

Paul
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Headhog wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:26 pm
Rifletom wrote:
Tom, what I'm confused by is what revolvers are "tuned" by Taylors. I've seen some that specifically mention "Taylors & Company Tuned Uberti" and others that just say "Taylors & Company Uberti", and they are the same price. That is what is confusing me.

Paul
Paul, I see what you mean. The Taylor tuned ones are a bit more on a couple sites I've seen them on. When I bought mine from Tombstone Tactical in Az, I called them and Taylor's to confirm mine was indeed tuned. Better to call, as it can be confusing. Taylor's will let you know straight away.
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:23 pm

Rifletom wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Headhog wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:26 pm
Rifletom wrote:

Paul
Paul, I see what you mean. The Taylor tuned ones are a bit more on a couple sites I've seen them on. When I bought mine from Tombstone Tactical in Az, I called them and Taylor's to confirm mine was indeed tuned. Better to call, as it can be confusing. Taylor's will let you know straight away.
Very good info. Thanks for the tip Tom.

Paul
0 x