Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bore diameter

All things reloading here
Gundogblue
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Bore diameter

Post by Gundogblue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:00 pm

I was told many yrs ago size your boolits 1-2 thousands over bore diameter, and keep the velocity under 1100 fps and all will be well, over that speed use a gas check.I’m nowhere near that speed,I cast my boolits using the Lyman #2 alloy, I don’t hunt or shoot competition, I just love to kill the steel plates set up at the end of my property. I like trail boss a lot, with the 44 mag 6 grns will get me about 950 fps, and with the 45 Colt, 5.7 grns gets me about 850 fps, and no leading at all in those rifles, they’re pleasant to shoot, and they don’t beat me or the guns up, and the accuracy is plenty good enough to kill those plates at 75 yards. But thanks again for all the good info, especially letting me know the .358 bore diameter, I greatly appriciate it.
Paul
0 x

runnin n gunnin
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by runnin n gunnin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:52 am

FYI, we have been talking about Missouri Bullets quite a bit on different threads. Ship time is around 12 to 16 weeks.

HOWEVER: I made an order yesterday for 180 grain .357 Striker Pugnose bulletts and was just notified THEY SHIPPED TODAY !

I still have two pending orders made a couple of months ago for my 45/70 and 9mm, but the PUGNOSE shipped in a day.
0 x
I stand for the flag, and kneel for my fallen brothers.

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:09 pm

Agree with what above posters say about those Missouri bullets. They work! Enjoy that new Henry.
0 x