Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CBD

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: CBD

Post by markiver54 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:32 am

Bubbas4570 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:04 am
https://youtu.be/4aWrd2wIdto

This actually sheds light on many of the misconceptions of why plants that we used to grow freely are now verboten.
Great link Bubba...thx!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Fri May 24, 2019 1:01 am

One of my closest friends started to grow Cannabis for medical purposes (he has a govt license) when his 30 year old nephew was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. They gave him 3-4 months to live. That was three years ago, and he did a very heavy program of CBDs. He is 100% in remission now. There is a lot of good being done with Cannabis products. As a side benefit (effect?) of my friends growing for his nephew, he just started on managing the outdoor growing production for a national Cannabis producer. His STARTING salary for the first “season” which is now until October is $250,000!! Not bad for farming!
4 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 am

Great news about your friend's nephew James.
Also, REALLY nice salary for your friend.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 24, 2019 10:58 am

I must admit that I'd never heard of CBD until reading this thread ... info appreciated
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am

Like most of us, I'm old enough to be a long-time subscriber to the "If it seems too good to be true..." newsletter, and I was in that frame of mind about CBD as well. Getting the "free sample" from my son (about a month's worth @ 1X/day) turned me around.

This hip pain had been the "keeps you awake at night" variety, and now I can go for hours and not really think about it.

While it used to remind me of the "magic elixir" salesmen that used to appear in the old Westerns with regularity, this really seems to be game-changing stuff, which those of us in a certain "age bracket" should at least investigate.
2 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:30 am

ESquared wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am
Like most of us, I'm old enough to be a long-time subscriber to the "If it seems too good to be true..." newsletter, and I was in that frame of mind about CBD as well. Getting the "free sample" from my son (about a month's worth @ 1X/day) turned me around.

This hip pain had been the "keeps you awake at night" variety, and now I can go for hours and not really think about it.

While it used to remind me of the "magic elixir" salesmen that used to appear in the old Westerns with regularity, this really seems to be game-changing stuff, which those of us in a certain "age bracket" should at least investigate.
Good analogy Evan. At first, I had similar thoughts, however it was my sons encouragement that pushed me to try it! He hates to see me in pain and is now very happy to learn that I got some!
Results have been good! :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:39 pm

I figured I would bring back this older post with my experience at the vision center.
I have a wrinkle on the retina of my right eye. They discovered it while screening me for my cataract surgery. Since then I have been on a daily regimen that includes steroids, drops and a one time injection. The wrinkle did not change until maybe 5 months ago when I was told it was getting bigger so surgery was becoming an option. Three months ago I started taking a 25mg gummy of THC free CBD once a day. After 2 months of this I went back for a scan expecting the surgery option to be scheduled however the Doctor sat down with me and told me the wrinkle was getting smaller and he did not know why because the steroids had up to this time had no good effect. I told him (again) that I was taking CBD and he told me twice that he knew nothing about CBD. He deleted the steroids from my medication and scheduled an appointment in 8 weeks. I considered upping the CBD dosage but decided not to change anything else until the next appointment which is next Friday. Hoping to see more improvement and then I will start taking the gummies twice a day. Wish me luck.
Ernie
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:50 pm

Good luck Ernie. I would love to know how things go. The report on CBD is encouraging to say the least.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:33 pm

I had sever arthritis in my hands. I couldn't even sign my name. A friend told me about CBDs so I started taking them about a year ago. My hands are much improved and there have been other results as well.
I don't ache as much and sleep better.
After cataract surgery was in need of glasses to drive. I no longer need the glasses I only wear them now because they're prescribed
on my drivers license and they are sun glasses.
If I stop taking them for just a couple of days all this goes away.
All they are is an anti inflammatory.
I send my drug dealer to get them for me. (My wife).
They're legal here.
2 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:33 pm
I had sever arthritis in my hands. I couldn't even sign my name. A friend told me about CBDs so I started taking them about a year ago. My hands are much improved and there have been other results as well.
I don't ache as much and sleep better.
After cataract surgery was in need of glasses to drive. I no longer need the glasses I only wear them now because they're prescribed
on my drivers license and they are sun glasses.
If I stop taking them for just a couple of days all this goes away.
All they are is an anti inflammatory.
I send my drug dealer to get them for me. (My wife).
They're legal here.
So if the problem goes away I am probably going to have to continue taking gummies. It would be worth it if this is what works.
Thanks
1 x