Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Post by JEBar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:30 pm

its very clear we have a much different understanding of fun .. :? .. besides, I'd hate to deprive anyone who needs one of the experience
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:37 am

It's more fun than a prostate needle biopsy. That's a twist on the colonoscopy. No prep, other than not eating the night before. The fun begins after the procedure. Going to the bathroom the first time afterwards is a new experience in pain.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by PJM » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:33 am

There are no good preps! Have had 3 and woke up in the middle of last one. I'm done.
0 x

GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GeoBoy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 am

I don’t understand the BIG fuss over prepping for a colonoscopy. Colon cancer is one of the most treatable/preventable cancers if caught early. I have to get a colonoscopy every other year, because of colitis. Be an adult, follow the directions and then enjoy the sedation. A colonoscopy is far better than chemo/radiation treatment for colon cancer and that is if you survive the cancer.
1 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:59 am

GeoBoy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 am
I don’t understand the BIG fuss over prepping for a colonoscopy. Colon cancer is one of the most treatable/preventable cancers if caught early. I have to get a colonoscopy every other year, because of colitis. Be an adult, follow the directions and then enjoy the sedation. A colonoscopy is far better than chemo/radiation treatment for colon cancer and that is if you survive the cancer.
I look at it as more in line with laughing about it to make it easier to swallow. (pun intended) I don't see anyone in the crowd here refusing to have a colonoscopy because they dread the prep. Afterwards, it's a small badge of honor to have persevered.

I see it as a healthy thing. It also increases awareness of the necessity of the procedure, which is a good thing. If I started a thread about a dermatology exam, it would be just a standard PSA. Nothing much to laugh about, and it would get a few responses and then everyone would forget about it. If I had not decided to see a dermatologist a few years back, I would either be dead, or facing death right now, and I used to get my GP to check me over every year. Still, that thread would not have the legs that this one does.
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Because assholes are funnier than moles.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 am

I had one last week. Best 45 minutes of sleep I've had in awhile.
1 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:17 pm

beware the Ides Of October .... can't say I'm looking forward to it but, because of my age, on October on the 15th I'm scheduled for what may very well be my last colonoscopy .... from what I've heard the preparation ordeal has been somewhat improved .... sure hope that turns out to be the case
1 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:35 pm

The stuff you have to drink didn't taste nearly as bad but you still have to drink a lot of it. My neighbor had one recently and said they did sedate him but wouldn't put him completely out so it was fairly uncomfortable. Not looking forward to mine if that's the case. I was completely out for both of mine so didn't mind the procedure, just the prep. I think I mentioned earlier that they made me go home and do an extended cleanse last time, 2 days of nothing but broth and jello and had to drink 1½ times the normal amount of the fluid. Glad I don't need another one for around 7 years.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:14 pm

dave77 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:35 pm
The stuff you have to drink didn't taste nearly as bad but you still have to drink a lot of it. My neighbor had one recently and said they did sedate him but wouldn't put him completely out so it was fairly uncomfortable. Not looking forward to mine if that's the case. I was completely out for both of mine so didn't mind the procedure, just the prep. I think I mentioned earlier that they made me go home and do an extended cleanse last time, 2 days of nothing but broth and jello and had to drink 1½ times the normal amount of the fluid. Glad I don't need another one for around 7 years.
Based on past info; I think I might rather die than go through this. :shock:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry