Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:15 am

understood on burns .... truly a nightmare
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am

I had to laugh when this thread first popped up, but I guess it aligns with the dominant age range around these parts, huh? Also never thought I'd be chiming in, as I couldn't imagine it lasting this long and going on for 14 pages!
But, here I am, almost all geared up and ready for a Monday prep/Tuesday procedure next week. All that's left is to make a couple batches of Jello (lemon and lime, as I recall). Will do the Mirilax with two different flavors of Gatorade, just for more variety!
Every five years is plenty often enough!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:48 am

to use a phrase that I was told and couldn't help but laugh ---- sure hope everything comes out right ;)

the prep is the worst part .... you'll remember nothing about the procedure itself
1 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:06 am

ESquared wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am
I had to laugh when this thread first popped up, but I guess it aligns with the dominant age range around these parts, huh? Also never thought I'd be chiming in, as I couldn't imagine it lasting this long and going on for 14 pages!
But, here I am, almost all geared up and ready for a Monday prep/Tuesday procedure next week. All that's left is to make a couple batches of Jello (lemon and lime, as I recall). Will do the Mirilax with two different flavors of Gatorade, just for more variety!
Every five years is plenty often enough!
No one is more surprised than me that this thread has had such staying power. I don't normally post threads with much in the way of legs.

Good luck with your procedure.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:04 am

our 50 something year old daughter is having her first colonoscopy .... I was happily surprised to learn that the much discussed pre-procedure stuff we've had to drink has been replaced with pills .... that is a major improvement in the process .... :D
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:21 am

JEBar wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:04 am
our 50 something year old daughter is having her first colonoscopy .... I was happily surprised to learn that the much discussed pre-procedure stuff we've had to drink has been replaced with pills .... that is a major improvement in the process .... :D
My wife just had the procedure and she decided to use the drink instead of the pills since our insurance wouldn’t pay the $200 the pills cost. After an extremely awful experience with the cleanse she said, “NEVER AGAIN”. Not her first time but definitely her worst.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:09 pm

Ive got one coming Oct 9th. Mine is pills and Gatorade mix with the miralax. But its only 64 ozs on the mix. Not sure how its gonna be but Ill keep ya posted because Im sure ya all gonna be interested
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PBSnooker
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PBSnooker » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:16 pm

My Doctor's prep was miralax and changed to an expensive 2 small bottle dose. It didn't work well enough and I had to clean out 2 consecutive days . I had to pay for the 2nd day scoping. The insurance company would only pay for one.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:11 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:21 am
My wife just had the procedure and she decided to use the drink instead of the pills since our insurance wouldn’t pay the $200 the pills cost.
our daughter doesn't have very good health insurance .... I plan to ask if it covered the pills
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:13 am

I don't need one for around another 7 years. Hope they have a easier cleanse procedure by then. Had to do a extended cleanse last time, the drink and pill were not too bad but I was on broth and jello for around 2 or 3 days so was pretty much starved by the time I went in.
0 x