Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Post by clovishound » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:00 am

One of the things I miss about another website I no longer participate in is the colonoscopy prep threads.

First off, lets keep it in good taste, if that is possible.

Secondly, a question. Is the new prep stuff better than the old gallon jug stuff? I must say the most difficult thing I have ever had to make myself do was to finish the last 1/3 of that jug. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!

Apparently the new stuff mixes up in a couple 16 ounce containers followed by water. I don't remember having to avoid raw fruits and veggies for a couple days prior last time.

It's been 10 years, but I still remember how good the mug of clear broth tasted after the last of the jug of vileness had made it's way on through.

Anyway, the fun and games start at 6:00 this evening, and I have to get up before 6:00 in the morning tomorrow to do the final cleanse. That's about halfway through my normal sleep schedule (I work evenings).

Where the heck are the Star Trek medical scanners? You lie on the bed and Bones runs a little gizmo over you and can tell you everything that's wrong with you in a few seconds. I guess they are in the same garage as the flying cars.
4 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Abnermal
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: What about a good colonoscopy prep thread?

Post by Abnermal » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am

Been there-Done that! The stuff I drank was sort of citrus flavored(?) and was somewhat palatable when drank with some ice cubes. Good luck to you. The prep is much worse than the actual procedure. Sounds like the same prep drink I had to use.
0 x
I can remember saying I'd never own a GLOCK,never own an AR15 and never get married. I found out that never is a long,long time!

stevej
Tenderfoot

Post by stevej » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 am

I have used the new and the old and the new is far better but none of it is good. Just don't be talking when they put you under because you keep talking and no telling what you will say!
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:07 am

While not fun, the New Way is definitely better than the Old Way, no doubt about it. Talk about bloat! You're so right about that last 1/3 of a gallon! Not an issue with this, but the outcome (so to speak) is the same.
Best of luck and see you on the other side!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 am

clovishound wrote: Where the heck are the Star Trek medical scanners? You lie on the bed and Bones runs a little gizmo over you and can tell you everything that's wrong with you in a few seconds. I guess they are in the same garage as the flying cars.
They do have virtual colonoscopies now but you still have to go through the prep so I don't see the advantage.

https://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer ... onoscopy#1

I'm going to see my regular doctor today and know he's going to schedule me for a colonoscopy, it's been over 10 years since my last one. Good to hear the prep is not quite so bad.

At least he and my endocrinologist won't be getting after me about my A1C, just got it done and it was 6.5
0 x

albin25
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by albin25 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm

I guess technology has made some major leaps in the past couple of years....
....The last time I had a "virtual" colonoscopy, it required a huge pile of paper work, an accountant, and the IRS :shock:
1 x
Welcome to my home..........FYI... that locked door you kicked down was for your protection....not mine.

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm

I have had it done twice. Both times with the Old Way. It is beyond vileness. Last time I put it in the ice box for about 1/2 hour and than drank that crap as fast as I could. Also, the last time it was done by a lady doctor. That bother me. Not about her skill but.. Oh heck, I just better shut up. Good luck and good results. :|
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Looks like the prep is being diligently discussed here. So....
I'd just add that what is most important is when the medical test results say "all is OK" = the best end of the matter. ;)

I've been "set free" for the next 10 years. The doc was exuberant when he told me that, which made it all the better! :D
0 x

~Пока~

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Well, just took the first dose and am working my way through a quart of water.

This stuff is much nastier than the gallon stuff. The saving grace is it's only 16 ounces, so you grit your teeth, get it down, and it's over with. The other stuff built up on you.

The only fortunate side effect is that I am no longer hungry. That and, oh, talk to you later.
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 pm

:shock: No such thing as good and colonoscopy. :x :|
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)