Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's going on!

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

What's going on!

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:35 am

Week before last we had 80* daytime temps and stayed upper 50's or higher over night several days. This morning at 6:00AM it was 24*. It is now at 28* at 8:30. All the magnolia trees in the area are now brown in stead of the beautiful colors they were last week. My wife got up a little while ago and said "The birds are really singing." I told her that is probably to keep their vocal cords from freezing so they can still sing when it warms up. I told her to look out and see if they had their Woolrich outfits on! This is crazy weather we are having and terrible winds here the last week or more. Had thunder snow at Johnstown, Pa. and up in Garrett Co. Md. a few nights ago. I am ready for the weather to stay nice.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: What's going on!

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:44 am

We had one week of too hot weather to start March. But since then it has been a perfect spring. No late frost or freeze to kill blossoms for the first time in years. The downside to it is the pollen is thick. My allergies are in full sneeze mode.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:25 am

Generally, it seems that the weather has been most changeable, and a little out-of-the-norm, in many parts of the country this season. What has impacted us the most was the extremely mild winter we just had (or didn't have!). It was somewhat funny over the recent winter months seeing friends and neighbors kind of "hold their breath," waiting for winter weather that never showed up!
0 x

~Пока~

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:36 am

We had 80s in early March and today it was 32 when I got up at 5:00 am.

My grandson's 2nd birthday is Saturday and we were planning on going to the zoo. The forecast is for a high of 48, overcast and cloudy with a 10-15 mph breeze. Maybe we will wait a week or so. At 2, he won't know the difference!
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:58 pm

It's called Spring! Normally here in the Mid-Atlantic we just go from winter to summer.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:08 pm

The ice age has returned.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater