Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Age Survey: How old are you?

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.

How old are you?

Under 21
0%
21 to 30
1%
31 to 40
3%
41 to 50
10%
51 to 60
26%
61 to 70
41%
71 to 80
18%
81 to 90
1%
91 and over
No votes

Total votes: 347

Mike_S
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Age Survey: How old are you?

Post by Mike_S » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:08 am

61. Time flys...
0 x
Semper Fidelis.
Mike
H012MX

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:41 am

I beeb around for 73 years. 8-)
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:14 am

82 and still kicking. I never expected to live this long.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Jewell
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Jewell » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:30 am

41. The generation that started out with no cell phones or internet, grew up as they were just getting started, became an adult, then got sent to the GWOT.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:41 pm

pennsylvaniapete wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:13 pm
Here’s another neat thing some of us had: a CB radio. If you used one, what was your ‘handle’?

Mine was the “Red Barron”……since my ancestors were German, and I was Pilot in the Air Force.
I was "Wayward Son" because I was always gone. (The Corps) Running up and down the interstate I needed the CB to know where the Bears, County Mounties and Local Yokels were... (1977 - 1990) and I drove from coast to coast four times during my 13 plus year career due to moves to new duty stations.

Before I got married, as a young Marine, I would drive from NC to VA as many weekends as I could as I had little interest in bar hopping in J'ville, NC. Back then, I64 bypass to the coast wasn't completed so half that drive was on dark two lane roads through tabacco and cotton fields, and mostly driven at night after work on Fridays or the wee hours of the morning at the end of the weekend. It was a much longer drive and if you were by yourself the CB gave you someone to talk to so you could stay awake... Radar Detectors, CB radios and Fox Lucan Driving lights weren't just for fun.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:47 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:41 pm
pennsylvaniapete wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:13 pm
Here’s another neat thing some of us had: a CB radio. If you used one, what was your ‘handle’?

Mine was the “Red Barron”……since my ancestors were German, and I was Pilot in the Air Force.
I was "Wayward Son" because I was always gone. (The Corps) Running up and down the interstate I needed the CB to know where the Bears, County Mounties and Local Yokels were... (1977 - 1990) and I drove from coast to coast four times during my 13 plus year career due to moves to new duty stations.

Before I got married, as a young Marine, I would drive from NC to VA as many weekends as I could as I had little interest in bar hopping in J'ville, NC. Back then, I64 bypass to the coast wasn't completed so half that drive was on dark two lane roads through tabacco and cotton fields, and mostly driven at night after work on Fridays or the wee hours of the morning at the end of the weekend. It was a much longer drive and if you were by yourself the CB gave you someone to talk to so you could stay awake... Radar Detectors, CB radios and Fox Lucan Driving lights weren't just for fun.
Got all that right Jim.I had CB radio in all my cars back then. My handle was " Bull's Eye ". That is because I was an avid shooter, living in the Chicago area. I was also a Huge Chicago Bulls fan during Michael Jordan's best years. Even attended a couple playoff games. On top of that, I was an avid dart thrower, which I must say, I was pretty good at it on a competitive level...hence the "Bulls Eye" handle...fun times!
See Ya on the flipflop Red Baron. 😁
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:44 am

Good stuff above guys. In high school (early to mid 70’s) I had buddy was a bit of an electronics geek and we all got CB radios. My handle was Green Hornet and another buddy with a radio was Rocky Squirrel. He was named that by the CB community due to the fact he was a total smart A$$ who was a jerk on the airwaves. One night while downtown cruising the gut and him broadcasting his BS some of the locals were able to triangulate us and a couple of them approached us with large flashlights in hand as weapons. After seeing there were about a half dozen of us they decided to go elsewhere. :lol:

Not that what he did was right but that was just his nature. Funny, he went on the become an engineer with the Boeing company.
0 x