Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

internet speed

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: internet speed

Post by Mags » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:16 pm

dave77 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:59 pm
Mags wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:56 pm
Currently have fiber 30 Mb/s up/dn. Have run as many as 4 streams and casual internet browsing simultaneously without noticing any problems.
I probably would have been fine with my 100 up/down but figured why not for only $7 more a month.
I've had the 30/30 plan now I think for about 10 yrs. It's not even offered anymore. I'm considering moving up to 100/100 as it appears to be a zero cost speed upgrade. It's also the minimum speed offered to new customers. [Ziply Fiber]
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:31 pm

Have DSL now and it is s l o w and unreliable. It took me 10 hours to download IOS for my computer as well for the tablet. ATT is not maintaining and going to eliminate it according to the 2 techs I have had working on it in the last 6 months. Fibre is not available and internet on dish is not so good either. Looks like I am going to have to go with Comcast and will probably get their landline service as well since the cell service here is hit and miss. ATT is not installing any more land lines and once I disconnect I will not be able to reconnect with a hardline.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:41 pm

Ernie wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:31 pm
Have DSL now and it is s l o w and unreliable. It took me 10 hours to download IOS for my computer as well for the tablet. ATT is not maintaining and going to eliminate it according to the 2 techs I have had working on it in the last 6 months. Fibre is not available and internet on dish is not so good either. Looks like I am going to have to go with Comcast and will probably get their landline service as well since the cell service here is hit and miss. ATT is not installing any more land lines and once I disconnect I will not be able to reconnect with a hardline.
You might try (if you haven't already) looking to see if an off brand ISP is going to be installing fiber in your area. My son was in a situation like yours with AT&T. He did some digging and found out a little rural ISP was quietly installing fiber throughout the area. He got in touch with them to find out their schedule and was able to get them to re-prioritize fiber installs where he lives (he had some clout). Still it was a few months wait but he stuck it out painfully with AT&T. Finally got done and he now has 1Gb/s up/dn fiber service in the middle of nowhere.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:52 am

Comcast is running fiber through our neighborhood right now, and it's anything but quiet. Not happy about the unsightly and in the way boxes they are putting in our front yards, but technically it's easement, so there isn't much we can say about it. I currently have ATT broadband, and it seems fast enough for streaming one tv and a couple computers. When they get around to running fiber, the cost at least currently, is the same for much faster service.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya