Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Real ID

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
2ffat
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Real ID

Post by 2ffat » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:58 pm

I had to get my Real ID in VA a couple of years ago. What a pain!
0 x
I look just like my avatar.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:16 am

cooperhawk wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:04 pm
Vaquero wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:37 pm
I agree on flyin, never been on a commercial flight in my life and at this late stage of my life don't ever see it happening now.
I just see it as more governmental control.😑🀬RP
Flying ain't safe I tell you. :shock:
Of course I spent almost 35 years in aviation both military and FAA so I should know. :lol:

I've flown in everything from UH-1 helicopters to B52s to B747s and so far I'm still here. For 32 years I held
a cockpit pass to all types both military and civilian. Course there have been a few incidents, like getting
shot down once, and out of control a couple of times, but that just goes with the territory. :roll:

But I'm retired now and Carol likes to travel with her cat so we mostly motorhome now. :D
I’ve been on a few Hueys myself. Hueys, Chinooks, Beavers, Caribous and of course a lot of Boeing commercial aircraft.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Luv the lever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Luv the lever » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:43 pm

Mr. Neutron wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:03 pm
Mags,

The last time I renewed I thought that I went ahead and got the Real ID, but honestly can't recall. Are there any visible differences between a "regular" Oregon driver's license, and the Real Deal?
Select states gave out DL's and picture ID's to people that had no legal standing or authorized paperwork proving who they were and that made all of our DL's questionable. The fix is some double extra extra secret knock DL that is real. So the state gave me a non real DL for the last 40 years?

This poorly run state will not take walk ins at the DMV, you must have an appointment on line. It still was a 2 hour XXXX show.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:14 pm

Probably started out as a decent idea. Now, it seems like a joke.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:19 pm

Luv the lever wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:43 pm

Select states gave out DL's and picture ID's to people that had no legal standing or authorized paperwork proving who they were and that made all of our DL's questionable. The fix is some double extra extra secret knock DL that is real. So the state gave me a non real DL for the last 40 years?

This poorly run state will not take walk ins at the DMV, you must have an appointment on line. It still was a 2 hour XXXX show.
Which state are you in?

The Oregon DMV office I went to took both walk ins and appointments. Walk ins got a number and were serviced when their number came up. Those with appointments had their name called at their appointed time. First time I had ever been in a DMV office that wasn't a mostly all day affair. The whole experience was assembly line smoothness.

As far as the secret knock to add ReadID. No secret here. 15min wait for the background check through the Oregon State Police. I guess DMV gets priority over gun stores.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:20 pm

Mags wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:19 pm

Which state are you in?

The Oregon DMV office I went to took both walk ins and appointments. Walk ins got a number and were serviced when their number came up. Those with appointments had their name called at their appointed time. First time I had ever been in a DMV office that wasn't a mostly all day affair. The whole experience was assembly line smoothness.

As far as the secret knock to add ReadID. No secret here. 15min wait for the background check through the Oregon State Police. I guess DMV gets priority over gun stores.
I got my Enhanced DL here in WA back in 2017 and don't remember them doing a background check, just needed a original birth certificate and a post marked envelope with my WA address on it. Nothing special needed for the renewal, just my already Enhanced DL.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:44 pm

dave77 wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:20 pm
I got my Enhanced DL here in WA back in 2017 and don't remember them doing a background check, just needed a original birth certificate and a post marked envelope with my WA address on it. Nothing special needed for the renewal, just my already Enhanced DL.
To be more specific, Oregon DMV took my thumbprints for RealID. There was also a criminal history questionnaire I had to respond to. Sorta like the one we have to respond to when buying a gun.

Don't know what WA requires, but if yours was an EDL renewal, which means you already had your RealID, maybe WA DMV doesn't do prints for EDL renewals.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:16 am

WA enhanced DL requirements
Valid U.S. passport or passport card
Certified U.S. birth certificate issued by city, county, or state
U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the U.S. Department of State

One document that has your full legal name

Current, valid Washington driver license or ID card (If expired may be able to renew at time of enhanced appointment)
Valid out-of-state driver license or ID card
Government (federal, state, county, and municipal) employee ID card
Valid U.S. military ID card
U.S Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization with recognizable signature and photo

2 documents that show your name and current Washington residential address (not a PO Box)

No requirement for background check or fingerprints
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:16 pm

dave77 wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:16 am
WA enhanced DL requirements
Certified U.S. birth certificate issued by city, county, or state
U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the U.S. Department of State

One document that has your full legal name

Current, valid Washington driver license or ID card (If expired may be able to renew at time of enhanced appointment)
Valid out-of-state driver license or ID card
Government (federal, state, county, and municipal) employee ID card
Valid U.S. military ID card
U.S Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization with recognizable signature and photo

2 documents that show your name and current Washington residential address (not a PO Box)

No requirement for background check or fingerprints
Very similar if not exactly the same as documented on the Oregon DMV website. The Oregon DMV website doesn't say anything about the thumbprints and background check for RealID, but the DMV here did it on me.
0 x

Luv the lever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Luv the lever » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:53 pm

Mags wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:19 pm

Which state are you in?

ILannoys
0 x