Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Happy B-Day To Me

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

Happy B-Day To Me

Post by Handloader » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:46 pm

The wife got me a new set of binoculars and a night vision monocular. Both made by Bushnell 30 year warranty on each.
Attachments
Bday Gift.jpg
Bday Gift.jpg (667.82 KiB) Viewed 186 times
1 x
Semper Paratus (Always Ready) Semper Gumby (Always Flexible)

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Re: Happy B-Day To Me

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:13 pm

Does she have an older sister? I might need to trade mine in.
2 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:34 pm

I think you have a keeper there Sir.
She obviously knows what a man likes.
What model are the binoculars?
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Handloader » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:27 am

Bushnell Prime Binocular 10x42 Blackout Camo - Waterproof Hunting Binocular and the Bushnell Night Vision Equinox Z2 Monocular

As a Coasty I had the privilege to train at the Seabee Heavy construction school in Gulfport MS in 1975. It was fun playing with the big boy toys.
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:19 am

Thanks Sir,
Gulfport was fairly primitive then. Old WWII barracks and admin buildings. The newest buildings then were built in the 50s and a very few in the 60s.
My first duty station was Bermuda after A school in Port Hueneme California. I got to Gulfport in 77. The base was slowly much improved through the 80s and 90s.
I called it home twice 77 to 79 then retired out 89 through 93.
I Ike the look on those binoculars and the night vision is tempting but I don’t need one….. but then again it may be fun. Kind of like my Mares Leg. Didn’t need it but it is a ton of fun. :D
2 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

DsGrouse
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by DsGrouse » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:56 am

Nice!
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:16 am

That Blackout Camo in good looking.
1 x

Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Handloader » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:53 am

RetiredSeabee wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:19 am
Thanks Sir,
Gulfport was fairly primitive then. Old WWII barracks and admin buildings. The newest buildings then were built in the 50s and a very few in the 60s.
My first duty station was Bermuda after A school in Port Hueneme California. I got to Gulfport in 77. The base was slowly much improved through the 80s and 90s.
I called it home twice 77 to 79 then retired out 89 through 93.
I Ike the look on those binoculars and the night vision is tempting but I don’t need one….. but then again it may be fun. Kind of like my Mares Leg. Didn’t need it but it is a ton of fun. :D
I was an E4 in 75 when I when to heavy construction school all the others were E6 and E7s. When they did not want to do the bull work, they told me to do it. One day I was fed up as being used as their lacky. I was sitting outside the quasit hut by a stream and saw a cotton mouth snake. I caught it kicked open the screen door and tossed it in. They were all flipping out standing on desks and screaming like girls. The Seabee instructor was 6'5" he walked up to the snake and boot stomped it. I thought I was going to get kicked out and he just smiled and said, "It's about time you stood up for yourself." One of the chiefs said he was going to put me on report and the instructor told him sit down and shut up. That was the day I learned not to put up with anyone's crap. I ended up being number 1 in the class when we graduated.
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:46 pm

The area you were likely training in there was mostly swamp. So a moccasin would definitely be at home there. They moved the heavy equipment training to higher and dryer ground. And in the 80s put a golf course in the swamp. It was the first course I ever played that if you hit a ball into the rough/swamp you just let the snakes and alligators have it.
Side note on the golf course. The Seabees built the first nine holes it was designed by an actual professional golfer I don’t recall his name. All the excavation work was done with the heavy equipment trainees. One thing they did was roll the greens flat with the big vibratory rollers. Very flat but very hard, balls bounced really high and usually off into the swamp. You had to chip as softly as possible on to the green. Then hope the ball didn’t shoot across the green it was a very fast green.
1 x