Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Alec Baldwin charged

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
SuperSixEvo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Alec Baldwin charged

Post by SuperSixEvo » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:37 pm

I have never really followed as I hate the news. But one would think......firearms used on movie sets would in no way NO WAY, there should be live ammo anywhere near set premises. That eliminates probably 100% chance of any issues.
3 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:11 am

That is one of the issues in this case. There weren't supposed to be any live rounds. There were multiple reports that some cast/crew members were using the gun for plinking on the set. Both of these things were clear violation of the rules on set. There were also rumors of several negligent discharges with this gun on set. The experienced armorer that was initially approached for the job on this production did some research and declined the job based on what he found out about the situation. The inexperienced armorer that was eventually hired was likely one they thought could be cowed into what they wanted. She was also given other duties that often interfered with her responsibilities as armorer. All that doesn't absolve her of giving this gun to the assistant producer without properly checking it. He then gave it to Baldwin who likewise did not bother to check it. Like I said before, if just one of these people had done what they were supposed to, this never would have happened.

I'm sure we all have made minor mistakes when handling our guns. Having multiple levels of safety rules and sticking to them, without becoming complacent, will normally keep bad things from happening on the rare occasion we have a momentary lapse. This was a failure all the way around.
3 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:24 am

In my life I have had two ‘surprise’ discharges. Both times the firearm was purposely aimed in a safe direction and I was confirming it was unloaded.
4 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 am

A prominent Houston lawyer says the legal system is neither black nor white. It's green and if you got money, it's a whole different scenario.
Jake
4 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:12 pm

Responsibility is on you, if you are pointing a gun.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:02 am

I one accidental discharged. It went down range and hit paper. Scares the crap out you, does it not!
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856