Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Stage 2 Kidney Cancer and Cataracts

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Stage 2 Kidney Cancer and Cataracts

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:17 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:34 pm
Well Gene, how is the eye? Doo you see a major difference?
Currently it’s not much better with the only difference is I can see equally bad without glasses. The good news is it gets better each day. I suspect in two more days I will see 20/20.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:20 pm

Sir Henry -

You will get the vision you want. As I said earlier, the ophthalmologists have this procedure down pat.

You will be pleasantly amazed at your post-operation vision compared to your pre-operation vision.

Although it is not a trait I have, patience is a virtue.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:16 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:20 pm
Sir Henry -

You will get the vision you want. As I said earlier, the ophthalmologists have this procedure down pat.

You will be pleasantly amazed at your post-operation vision compared to your pre-operation vision.

Although it is not a trait I have, patience is a virtue.
It was like an assembly line getting it done. They were staging us about 10 minutes apart and we could talk to each other as we moved alone the line. It took about 90 minutes with only 5 minutes of slice and dice.
0 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:15 pm

Same experience for me. Waited for a short time in a lobby, back to the operating area and was wheeled to the exit an hour later or so. Same experience on the second eye.

I don't know how many operations were conducted that day but it was a lot more than just me.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:52 am

Today is day five. The last two days my eye would clear after a few hours of putting drops in it in the morning and then cloud up again overnight. This morning I woke to clear vision. I’m calling the right eye surgery a 100% success as I can see 20/20 with no clouds and I can see into shadows when it’s backlit with no flare. Now a 13 day wait for the left eye.
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:54 am

Good news Gene!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:56 am

Haven't been on here much in last couple weeks and just catching up on posts. Hope all is good with your eyes.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:15 am

I'm glad to hear your eye is good. My experience was not the assembly line you mentioned. I sat in the lobby after check in and paying the deductible.
In prep, the first time, I was offered a face massage. I declined. The second time, there was no asking, a lovely young woman massaged my face, almost putting me to sleep. I was always on my own, only interacting with the nurses. Enough numbing agent was used the second time and I didn't experience any discomfort or pain. 10 - 15 minutes post op, no patch or eye cup and out the door.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:56 am

daytime dave wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:15 am
I'm glad to hear your eye is good. My experience was not the assembly line you mentioned. I sat in the lobby after check in and paying the deductible.
In prep, the first time, I was offered a face massage. I declined. The second time, there was no asking, a lovely young woman massaged my face, almost putting me to sleep. I was always on my own, only interacting with the nurses. Enough numbing agent was used the second time and I didn't experience any discomfort or pain. 10 - 15 minutes post op, no patch or eye cup and out the door.
I was told by the person that drove me that my nurse was beautiful. It’s a shame I couldn’t see her clear enough.

This morning, which is the sixth day, my eye is perfect. The only problem I’m experiencing is at medium distances. At 50 yards and further my right eye takes dominance. At 3 feet my uncorrected near sighted eye is dominant. The distance in between nothing is clear. I suspect this will end after the second eye is done and I wear progressive readers.
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:30 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:56 am
This morning, which is the sixth day, my eye is perfect. The only problem I’m experiencing is at medium distances. At 50 yards and further my right eye takes dominance. At 3 feet my uncorrected near sighted eye is dominant. The distance in between nothing is clear. I suspect this will end after the second eye is done and I wear progressive readers.
You're in the never never land where it's difficult to determine distance very well. Somehow I managed to take the right mirror off my
Explorer during this confusing time. Hang tough, it will get a lot better. :D

(Carol still reminds me of that). :lol:
2 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66