Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2024 NASCAR

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Cattle Driver
Australia

Re: 2024 NASCAR

Post by 220 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:41 pm

With the rest of the top 5 making changes and starting from the back SVG & AJ started one two and have checked out. 6 laps in and they are over 7 seconds up the road look like they will start putting cars a lap down by lap 10,
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:22 pm

Caution with 5 to go, SVG passed AJ with 9 to go and had built a 2.5sec lead.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:02 pm

Kyle Larson came from starting last to win in double overtime .... SVG was the class of the field but got shuffled back on the second OT start .... in trying to regain the lead he rear ended lead car and Larson passed them both to take the checker ..... Hailie ran toward the back of the lead lap pack all day and finished 24th
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:47 am

Think Larson's comments post race are a fairly accurate description, stated AJ is another level up in skill when it comes to road races and SVG is a further step ahead, Just like post Chicago Larsen was in awe and full of praise for SVG. Nice to see a champion that is happy to acknowledge fellow competitors.
The post race penalty for SVG is harsh even if it had been 3 laps from the finish think he still would have run top 10 but relegated him to last on the lead lap.
Think the Nascar field may have learnt today if you want to race SVG clean he will race you clean all day, some of the battles with Larsen and AJ earlier in the race were great. After Hill drove through him on the second overtime restart I was surprised SVG showed as much restraint as he did. I honestly expected him to not only return the favor but wreck him as well and once Larsen had showed he had the pace with fresh tires on the final lap pretty sure SVG shifted from trying to win the race to preventing Hill winning.
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

Announced today Cam Waters will make his first Nascar start in the trucks next weekend at Martinsville driving for ThorSport Racing.

Nothing on Brodie Kostecki yet, Dont know if his split with Erubus Racing in Supercars has effected the deal between them and RCR and Brodie.

No oval experience for Cam although he does spend the off season racing sprit cars on dirt.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

next up for the Xfinity series will be the ToyotaCare 250 at Richmond Raceway tomorrow, Saturday, Mar. 30 - 1:30 PM ET .... it will be shown on FS1 .... at Richmond 250 laps = 187.5 miles
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:21 pm

0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:09 pm

I saw that when it happened .... contact from Dawson Cram sent Joey Gase into a spin late at Richmond leading .... Gase to expressed his frustrations.. :lol: .... my girl, Hailie Deegan, ran in the mid 20's all day but finished 31st when her Ford lost power about 4 laps from the end
1 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:45 pm

Kaulig must have been well off with the setups today, both SVG and AJ pitted early under caution just to make adjustments and continued to make adjustments all race, With 70 laps to go they were among about a dozen cars that elected to stay out and not take tires banking on another caution. It didnt come so they finished the race on 100 lap old tires.
P15 for SVG, pretty good result given the way the race played out, had he taken tires with the rest of the field a top 10 was likely, had they got another caution then top 5 would have been on the cards and may well have been in contention for the win.
Despite Saturday's result, being relegated to last place post race at COTA and a DNF at Las Vegas he is still only 1 point out of the play offs. I thought he would make the playoffs with a road course win but he is already showing top 10 pace on every type of track. Could realistically be sitting safely in the play offs on points alone if a few races had gone a little different.

I am really enjoying some of the interviews he is giving on podcasts with the likes of Denny Hamlin, Corey Lejoy and Jr. He is undoubtedly one of the best drivers in the world but a total novice when it comes to Nascar, Interesting to see the different take's on things compared to drivers that have been doing it their entire lives.
2 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:38 pm

More poor attendance at Richmond. It looked half empty to me. There's even talk about dropping a race. Bristol also had poor attendance in it's last race. Are the Old South tracks experiencing a trend? The tracks that built Nascar? If so, I (we) may know why.
1 x
NRA Member