Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:35 am

Got a lot done yesterday. Got two crazy cows caught and penned. Got 5 crazy calves caught and hauled over to other farm where the big group of weaned calves is penned. Did some errands in town. Got back in evening to my place and met my son when he git off work and we got one small calf casterated that i had kept up in a pen from the morning. The two crazy cows were really pissed by this time. One made a serious effert to get me but she couldnt do anything to the heavy metal pipe corral, (i expect her head will be sore this morning from the way she was hitting the pipe.) The other cow made two circles in the pen to get up a good head of steam and made a truely impressive effert at jumping over the corral. Its maybe six and a half feet high. She came surprising close but couldnt manage it, and fell side ways in something of a belly flop landing on her side which took a tiny bit of steam out of her sails. So i figure she may be a bit sore this morning too. Im feeding them hay in there. They got water from a freeze proof tank in that pen so they are not leaving till they go to the salebarn on the tenth. I got No use for a crazy fool, be it a woman or a cow.
4 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:48 am

Zero degrees out this morning.
A5421E30-B8ED-4DFD-A919-0E17C0BA0853.jpeg
A5421E30-B8ED-4DFD-A919-0E17C0BA0853.jpeg (881.93 KiB) Viewed 238 times
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:21 am

Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:35 am
Got a lot done yesterday. Got two crazy cows caught and penned. Got 5 crazy calves caught and hauled over to other farm where the big group of weaned calves is penned. Did some errands in town. Got back in evening to my place and met my son when he git off work and we got one small calf casterated that i had kept up in a pen from the morning. The two crazy cows were really pissed by this time. One made a serious effert to get me but she couldnt do anything to the heavy metal pipe corral, (i expect her head will be sore this morning from the way she was hitting the pipe.) The other cow made two circles in the pen to get up a good head of steam and made a truely impressive effert at jumping over the corral. Its maybe six and a half feet high. She came surprising close but couldnt manage it, and fell side ways in something of a belly flop landing on her side which took a tiny bit of steam out of her sails. So i figure she may be a bit sore this morning too. Im feeding them hay in there. They got water from a freeze proof tank in that pen so they are not leaving till they go to the salebarn on the tenth. I got No use for a crazy fool, be it a woman or a cow.
Cows With Guns
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:58 am

Morning, 25° out there, and headed towards 48.
Humidity is 78%
Dew 20
Wind is 2 mph from the east
Barometer sits at 30.54 and rising.
Should be hunting, but.
tapatalk_1074757130_516x600.jpeg
tapatalk_1074757130_516x600.jpeg (121.72 KiB) Viewed 233 times

RP
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:31 am

30 degrees under a beautiful Carolina Blue Sky, on its way to 52 later today .... next forecasted rain until Saturday .... not much on tap for today but the closer it gets to Christmas the busier it usually gets
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:18 am

Fair 9°F
Patchy blowing snow between noon and 5pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
Humidity 78%
I feel a lot better but I still tested positive for Covid last night. How long does this take? :roll:
I going stir crazy. :(
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:21 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:18 am
Fair 9°F
Patchy blowing snow between noon and 5pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
Humidity 78%
I feel a lot better but I still tested positive for Covid last night. How long does this take? :roll:
I going stir crazy. :(
Hope it doesn’t take long. I developed a slight sniffle and a sore throat. Whatever it is it’s very mild.
1 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:58 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:21 am
Hope it doesn’t take long. I developed a slight sniffle and a sore throat. Whatever it is it’s very mild.
That's how it started out for me. I suggest you get tested and find out.
I hope it's just a slight cold for you Gene.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:14 am

28 with a day where the temp will fall as the day progresses. Low tonight is expected to be in the single digits. Yesterday I got 11” of snow here at my place and some surrounding areas got several inches more than me. As it started piling up I couldn’t help myself and went out and did some blowing and plowing. I plowed the driveway in the front of my house as it has a pretty steep but short hill but didn’t plow behind my house to the shop. Man, what a difference between the plowed and unplowed places. Of course after I plowed and snowblowed another 4-5” inches came down. So today I’ll re-do those areas and plow the untouched areas. The temps yesterday and overnight stayed in the upper 20’s so the snow will be pretty easy to move.

My poor dog is really struggling to get thru the snow. He is leaving trails everywhere he walks and then when he comes in he is covered with snowballs that pinch and pull on his hair. Our hikes to the bottom of the property are over for a bit but I’ll plow a nice trail for some getting around and burning energy.

74D99DDE-3A2D-4DE7-9A18-3C5FFCC06D39.jpeg
74D99DDE-3A2D-4DE7-9A18-3C5FFCC06D39.jpeg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 216 times
66FFB518-FF1F-441E-99F1-706C151B7088.jpeg
66FFB518-FF1F-441E-99F1-706C151B7088.jpeg (3.43 MiB) Viewed 216 times
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:56 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:58 am
Sir Henry wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:21 am
That's how it started out for me. I suggest you get tested and find out.
I hope it's just a slight cold for you Gene.
Is the test all true or false and multiple choice? I don’t do well on essay tests. Seriously I don’t know if I would do anything different if I tested positive.
1 x